Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #286
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Is it possible to add a 'Sleepcover Enable/Disable ' option to CoolReader? There are some cheap Paperwhite case, where the automatic wake/sleep function is so unreliable, that it's not a feature but rather a bug.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #287
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
CoolReader doesn't make a difference between cover and power button (AFAIK, PW has a way to find out if it was cover or a power button, but PW2 doesn't).

It just gets the even that screensaver is active/inactive and handles it: https://github.com/CrazyCoder/coolre...indow.cpp#L141 .

I don't think an option to disable handling of the power button makes sense for most of the users.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #288
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
CoolReader doesn't make a difference between cover and power button (AFAIK, PW has a way to find out if it was cover or a power button, but PW2 doesn't).
Thanks for your reply. I thought there is an easy way to distinguish cover magnet and power button actions, but I see it's not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
I don't think an option to disable handling of the power button makes sense for most of the users.
Without doubt it wouldn't be a good idea.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #289
slobma
slobma began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Footnotes & links don't work in coolreader PW

Hi there,

I can't get footnotes and links to work in my PW using coolreader 3, koreader and hackedup reader, but nobody is reporting this problem, is it only me?.

I did the jailbreak, have kual, certificate bundles, all the requisites, coolreader and the other apps work fine is only the footnotes and links that doesn't jump anywhere. I've tried many different epubs from different sources, including lonely planet guidebooks, even the sigil user manual and can't get the links work in my PW but they work in the windows version of coolreader. Any ideas what is going on? I'm using Firmware 5.3.8

Thanks,
slobma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #290
Mike76
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobma View Post
Hi there,

I can't get footnotes and links to work in my PW using coolreader 3, koreader and hackedup reader, but nobody is reporting this problem, is it only me?.

Thanks,
The only CoolReader port that supports links in epubs is Sergey Vlasov's CoolReader for Kindle. You can download it from here: Pbchess for e-ink devices

UPDATE: Latest Kindle releases you can find in the 'kindle' directory. (pbchess-1.2.6.28_kindle.zip is the recent release in this moment)
It is a pack of applications: CoolReader, Chess,Gomoku, Notepad, etc. It runs under KUAL. You can found other informations about this program here: CoolReader for Kobo (originally it was a Kobo port of CR)

Last edited by Mike76; 12-13-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #291
mangue
mangue began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Hello friends, use the latest version of kindle CoolReader in Kindle 4. I love the option of putting the covers as screensaver but does not work to the mobis, epubs formats, only works well with fb2. Does anyone know how to make it work with epubs?
thanks
mangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #292
tictoctoe
tictoctoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Unhappy CoolReader 3 stopped working

Has anyone else had a problem with Cool Reader 3 no longer starting since the New year? Has some developer certificate expired or something?

When I launch CR3 it just sits at a blank screen and doesn't proceed from there.

I'm also having the same problem with KUAL.
tictoctoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #293
tictoctoe
tictoctoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Ok, I rebooted the Kindle and they seem to be working ok now, but I notice my Kindle is more sluggish than usual.
tictoctoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:53 AM   #294
mitakka
mitakka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Problems with time display

Hi, I am running CR3 on Kindle 4 non-tuch. The time in the kindle os is right, but when I start CR3 it is 5 minutes late. I make the time of the kindle os 5 minutes ahead to compensate, but then the watch in CR3 goes 10 minutes ahead from the real time. This is very freaky. Does anybody knows the reason?
mitakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #295
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you set time? Try to connect to WiFi so that it's set automatically.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #296
mitakka

I set it manually. If I turn on wi fi then I receive message that this is no more test kindle and I cant use cr3 runner and I have to reinstall it to fix that, so I dont turn on wi-fi. Well, I can live without wi-fi and be aware that the actual time is 5 minutes ahead, but I was wondering if there is some simple solution to fix these bugs.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #297
CrazyCoder
Zealot

I'm not aware of the solution. cr3 gets time using standard POSIX functions, for some reason your Kindle reports it incorrectly.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:12 PM   #298
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
settz & setdate on the CLI might help.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:36 PM   #299
mitakka

I dont want to mess with the CLI, I'll leave it as it is, thank you for the responses.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #300
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitakka View Post
I set it manually. If I turn on wi fi then I receive message that this is no more test kindle and I cant use cr3 runner and I have to reinstall it to fix that, so I dont turn on wi-fi. Well, I can live without wi-fi and be aware that the actual time is 5 minutes ahead, but I was wondering if there is some simple solution to fix these bugs.
Reinstall MKK.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote