Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
include "This article was downloaded by calibre from" for tablet profile

Is there a way to include the link to the article that is normally after "This article was downloaded by calibre from" for tablet out profiles? When I use an eink profile that link is after the article, but for any tablet profile I tried it wasn't there.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC that line is only not present when using kindle profiles, use a non kindle profile and it should be present.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried a lot of tablet profiles and none of them had it.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then just just use the default output profile and it should work fine on your tablet.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

The default profile does not work properly on my tablet in two of the epub readers I tried. The links do not take you to where they should - if I am reading an article and choose the "Section Menu" link at the top of the page it doesn't take me to the start of the section menu. It takes me to the part of the section menu that will have the article I am coming from at the top of the page. If I choose "Main Menu" while reading an article, it takes me to the main menu with the section I was in at the top of the page but not to the top of the main menu.

The generic tablet profile works exactly as I expected it to work - whatever link I use takes me to the first page of the section.

Now that I figured out exactly what is happening when tapping on the links it's not as bad - before it seemed I went to the completely wrong place, but it's still confusing to have a link not go where you expect.

I tried looking in the configuration directory to see if I changed a template to cause the "This article was downloaded by calibre from" to not be included, but I don't see a template there for that.

I am using Calibre 0.9.35

Last edited by Purple Lady; 06-16-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I just installed Calibre on a new PC with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I tried .9.25 to see if maybe an older version would show the link after "This article was downloaded by Calibre from" using the generic tablet profile and it wasn't there. I also tried .9.5 and it's not showing up there either.

Can someone please try a recipe using any tablet output profile and see if it works for them? I can't imagine what I might be doing wrong - with this new installation I didn't change anything from the default settings. I tried both the Philadelphia Inquirer and BBC News (fast).
Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

As far as I recall, the touchscreen profiles never generated that link, you have to use a non-touchscreen based profile for it, like the default profile.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #8
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Ok. When you said any non kindle profile I thought tablet is non kindle. And to me it made more sense for a tablet to have a link than eink. Live and learn. Any chance to get the link in the future?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I've passed on this thread to GRiker, who developed the templates used for touchscreen based profiles, he says he has no objection to adding the link, so it will probably be in a future release.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #11
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

I see I've got the link in the latest Calibre version. Thanks!