Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kindle battery life

I started an empirical battery test at 7pm on Sunday. One condition I set was to keep the radio off as much as possible and essentially recreate the way I used my PRS500. I also have had it in sleep mode the entire time. I never turned it off.

53 hours into the test, I noticed that the battery is down one bar (75%).

So I guess I am looking at weekly charges. Not as good as the Sony, but acceptable.

Last edited by Nate the great; 11-28-2007 at 07:50 AM. Reason: type 53 not 51
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Five days, and I am at 50%.

I haven't had much time to read this week, so I don't think this is a valid test of how long the Kindle would last with regular use.
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Five days, and I am at 50%.

I haven't had much time to read this week, so I don't think this is a valid test of how long the Kindle would last with regular use.
Ahh too bad. I was looking forward to see the same test again, this time with some more wireless usage.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Ahh too bad. I was looking forward to see the same test again, this time with some more wireless usage.
That's what I'm doing next.

I'm charging the Kindle at the moment.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Update

Since Saturday, I've turned on the wireless two or three times a day to download stuff. I've also been reading for around an hour a day. Result: I pretty much drained the battery.

So far, I find the battery life adequate.
Advert