Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
7 free books @ Copia (ADE ePub) - Bob Dylan, YA, Baseball [Limited Time Offer]

As a time-limited special celebration, Copia are offering 7 free assorted Bob Dylan, YA fiction, and baseball titles (6 of them not previously freebied) in ADE-DRM ePub, which you can get by downloading and installing their app. They don't seem to be geo-restricted, but use Ye Olde VPN IP Proxy if you're feeling paranoid.

First set up an account at their website and download and register the software. Then follow the following* links to "purchase" the books (Copia's instructions warn you must click the Buy Now button), reload the Copia software, and double-click the books in your Library to download the ePub copies.

For Bob Dylan's 70th birthday today, the free e-book offer is A Revolution in the Air: The Songs of Bob Dylan, 1957-1973, about the stories behind Dylan's lyrics, courtesy of the Chicago Review Press. This may only be available for one day, so get it while you still can at the product page here.

American icon Bob Dylan blows out 70 candles Tuesday. To celebrate, we're giving away free copies of Revolution in the Air, devoted to stories behind the lyrics of more than 300 Dylan songs. Written by noted Dylan biographer Clinton Heylin, this fascinating 443-page ebook is a must-have for casual fans and fanatics. Normally a $23.95 value, it's yours free.

For one week, a special author's edition of the YA novel Miss Entropia and the Adam Bomb, annotated by the author George Rabasa, will be free exclusively via Copia, courtesy of publisher Unbridled books. This will be valid until May 30th; product page here.

No other obsession strikes as hard as the love that hits a teenaged boy — especially if he’s the sort of kid who is no saner than he wants to be. From the moment Adam Webb sees Francine Haggard—in the van that is supposed to return them to the Institute Loiseaux—the two young mental patients are inextricably connected. Adam will never let this girl go. From hiding her in his bedroom to spiriting her away to Minnesota’s north woods, “Miss Entropia” becomes the focus of Adam’s every thought and of everything he does. He believes her to be a goddess, his own goddess. But the pyromaniacal Miss Entropia will be neither worshiped nor owned. And so Adam’s possessiveness is destined to push her to the breaking point. Theirs is an incendiary love story, an unbalanced Romeo and Juliet, that spins and arcs its way strangely toward tragedy.

Five baseball-related titles are available for an unspecified time. W.P. Kinsella's Shoeless Joe, basis of the movie Field of Dreams was already offered via Copia's introductory signup offer, but Mark Harris' Bang the Drum Slowly, apparently another baseball fiction classic, is free courtesy of publisher Rosetta Books.

There are also three non-fiction books of trivia and anecdotes in the Baseball's/World Series' Most Wanted line, courtesy of publisher Potomac Books.

You can find them all via the special promo page for the lot here, and they offer up to 40% off other baseball-related books as well.

Happy reading!

* Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Two more (at least I don't think they've been posted before)...

In the Heat of the Night by John Dudley Ball
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/deta...?catId=8665955

Little Caesar by W.R. Burnett (this one is a PDF)
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/deta...?catId=8665956

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-25-2011 at 10:15 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Is anyone else having trouble with the pdf files? The epubs open with ADE, but the pdfs will only open in Copia, not ADE.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the pdf files? The epubs open with ADE, but the pdfs will only open in Copia, not ADE.
I got Little Caesar to open in ADE, but had to try a couple times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I got Little Caesar to open in ADE, but had to try a couple times.
Yes, I finally got that one to open too, but not the three baseball pdfs. And I don't see a way to redownload the files.
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Little Ceasar downloaded with a null file name (just ".pdf") for me. Had to change it's name and it worked in ADE just fine. On the other hand, I can't get the first volume of the baseball stats to load into my account, at all (got vol 2 and the world series).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Little Ceasar downloaded with a null file name (just ".pdf") for me. Had to change it's name and it worked in ADE just fine. On the other hand, I can't get the first volume of the baseball stats to load into my account, at all (got vol 2 and the world series).
Ditto on Little Caesar. I got one of the baseball volumes to open in ADE, but only as a single blank page. Now I've just given up, may try to redownload tomorrow, as everything about Copia has been wonky for me today.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It won't even let me register. I hit submit and nothing happens, and I tried with two different browsers and by using my Facebook account.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #9
drnvs
drnvs is on a distinguished road

Device: ebookwise, Kindle 2, Liberati
I have downloaded two of these books- Passage to India and Heat of the night into my Copia Reader. Is there any way I can transfer these either to the Kindle or Literati ?
drnvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It won't even let me register. I hit submit and nothing happens, and I tried with two different browsers and by using my Facebook account.
I think the site must have gone kerflooey. When I first tried it this morning, I could not log in (I had an account already). I know I was using the correct username/password, but it wouldn't accept them. Then I finally clicked "forgot password" and had a new one sent to me, and the site wouldn't accept that, either--said I'd had too many failed log-in attempts. Well, duh. That's why I requested the new password! But after a while it let me request another password, and accepted that one.

ETA: I'm officially disgusted with Copia. It won't let me remove the screwy books--I get an error message--which I'm trying to do so I can re-"buy" them. Even freebies shouldn't be quite this frustrating.

Last edited by Catlady; 05-25-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Two more (at least I don't think they've been posted before)...

In the Heat of the Night by John Dudley Ball
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/deta...?catId=8665955

Little Caesar by W.R. Burnett (this one is a PDF)
http://www.thecopia.com/catalog/deta...?catId=8665956
Both are available for the Kindle though not for free.
In the heat of the night
http://www.amazon.com/Heat-Night-ebo...6371614&sr=1-1

Little Caeser
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Caesar-...6371788&sr=1-1
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
ReneeMR
ReneeMR began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Inspire
Thanks, OP! Love Dylan!

I registered w/ Copia, downloaded the Dylan book plus a few other freebies, and transferred them to ADE... all quick and easy.

ReneeMR is offline   Reply With Quote