Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Calibre + doc +OSX = cannot convert?

I have no idea what is going on. I can add doc files just fine, I can edit metadata all day long and if I click view, it fires up MS Word and it comes up.
When I try to convert I get "Could not convert 1 of 1 books, because no suitable source format was found."

These are just docs that I have written and just want to convert to mobi to read on my kindle and I dont think there are any funky formating besides the standard 12 point Arial font

I am pretty sure I remember converting docs when I used windows so I think it is an OSX thing or user error...

-Rob
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
HarryO53
Enthusiast
HarryO53 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPod Touch
Asked about the same error message awhile ago in another thread. Was told that the ebook was in a format that Calibre can't convert. Whether it be a DRM protected file, or just a format that the program doesn't 'know'.
HarryO53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre does not know how to convert DOC files. You should save it a another format such as RTF or HTML (filtered) and then Calibre will know how to convert it.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote