Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #46
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Would you guys like to have a DVM JIT version and a non-JIT version as well? (JIT is needed for Flash btw).

The base of the repack is done. I have also modified the framework so Market would work. I want to test that too before sending the ROM out. I really hope it works well...
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #47
marf
Enthusiast
marf began at the beginning.

Device: PB701, PB360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Would you guys like to have a DVM JIT version and a non-JIT version as well? (JIT is needed for Flash btw).
It took me a moment to figure out what DVM meant (Dalvik Virtual Machine), but once I figured out JIT meant Just In Time I got the [Google] Java reference. There is an interesting article on Dalvik on wikipedia that others may find interesting. I enjoyed it, and it will probably mean some more reading later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_%28software%29

I don't know enough about the difference between JIT and non-JIT to have an opinion. But thanks for the offer. Finding out about the difference will probably be part of later reading.

Thanks for your continued work, and looking forward to your upcoming release. Especially thanks for the 212rc heads-up, I was planning on installing it as a test case for your root patch.
marf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #48
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
If it means the JIT version makes that the Kindle app does not work properly (DRM rights not working out for some reason), so please have a non-JIT version available.

Examples of persons that have encountered incompatibilities between JIT and the Kindle app:

- http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/1357...76#entry117876

- http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/1357...02#entry128202

Not sure if there is a work around this issue while using the JIT compiler.

Last edited by ebookof; 11-12-2011 at 11:53 PM.
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #49
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

I will release a non-JIT ROM first, to make sure everyone can use Kindle.

Sorry about the delay... Wi-Fi is acting up and I don't want to release something without it. It might be related to the Market patch so we will see. If it still act up, I will release the ROM without the patch tonight.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #50
Icewyng
Addict

Ok everyone...finally got Wifi working! As suspected, it was a permissions problem.

I will put the finishing touches to the ROM and will post it tomorrow morning for sure. I have been testing it and the performance is improved by a nice margin.
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #51
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookof View Post
As indicated earlier, if you can include a2sd, app2sd or link2sd functionality, that would be great.
How I understand starting with 2.0.6 firmware is no need anymore in app2sd, because such solution already done in all new firmwares. And app2sd doest work correctly with this firmwares.

For Icewyng:
I think I will be nice to have couple of your custom made firmwares. For example:
One non-JIT
One with all performance updates (JIT, OpenGL etc.), root_ Launcher Pro and all needed for everybody patches
One with other added software (Titanium, Kindle, other readers and etc.) - because not every body use the same software.
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #52
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Installed in 2.1.1

I installed this in 2.1.1 and it seems to work well, but I did notice two things:

First: in About the version number does not appear, says; Eclair "Wunknown"

Second: When I try to use Titanium backup, it asks me to enable USB debugging, which I can do on my Pocket Edge, but there is no option for this under Applications in the Pocketbook IQ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Disclaimer: as with the other Roms, Use at your own risk! Since it is a custom patch, you run the risk to brick your IQ if you are not careful. Do yourself a favor and get Titanium Backup and always backup yours apps/settings (It is included with the patch).

Hi everyone,

Here is what you all have been waiting for:

Universal root patch (All versions)

Here is a list of what it does:
Root the device (should work for all versions)
Add Busybox and create symbolic links for utilities
Improved 2d/3d drivers update
Optimized Dalvik Virtual Machine with JIT compiler
Adds LauncherPro & Titanium Backup

No need for Z4root or ADB anymore!

Let me know how it goes

(Edit: Of course, all you have to do is flash it: put it in the root of the SDCard & reboot while holding Power+Vol+)
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #53
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Thank's Icewing! After your firmware repack is no longer necessary to change build.prop from 7 to 5 and return to add an app that requires root?
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #54
Icewyng
Addict

Here is the port I have for the SH20 PDN rom...

SH20 Port

Market works right away with this! Right after you add the account and Market closes, open it right away and download a free app before it updates. If you don't, you will have to reinstall the Market.

SDcards are mounted correctly and Wifi works.

Last edited by Icewyng; 11-21-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: New link to SH Port
Old 11-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #55
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
Hi Icewyng!
Is there also a Speed difference?
SH20 Port VS. IQ 212 Repack
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:03 PM   #56
digitalmunkey
digitalmunkey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Icrwyng,

I tried the SH20 but after startup the firmware unpack progress bar gets a quarter of the way and stops and then continues to boot into 2.1.2 as normal. Any ideas?

Peter
digitalmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #57
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmunkey View Post
Hi Icrwyng,

I tried the SH20 but after startup the firmware unpack progress bar gets a quarter of the way and stops and then continues to boot into 2.1.2 as normal. Any ideas?

Peter
yes, same here....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 AM   #58
frth
frth began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnutzer View Post
IQ 212 Repack
Where you got that? I didn't saw any link in this thread
frth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #59
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frth View Post
Where you got that? I didn't saw any link in this thread
Separate thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157050
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #60
Icewyng
Addict

That is odd...

Did you try a factory reset??

I will check to see if something is wrong with the install script here.