Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #181
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have her on Facebook. It's how I keep track of all my favorite authors new releases.
My daughter just got me on facebook last month. Look's like I've got some learning to do. Thanks for the tip.
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #182
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dusty View Post
My daughter just got me on facebook last month. Look's like I've got some learning to do. Thanks for the tip.
Here's a hot tip I just recently discovered facebook have a section called Interests so you can create an Interest called "Books"(or whatever) then when liking an authors page you add them to the Interest "Books". This means that all the author posts don't clog up your news feed but are still easily accessible in the one spot.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #183
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
Here's a hot tip I just recently discovered facebook have a section called Interests so you can create an Interest called "Books"(or whatever) then when liking an authors page you add them to the Interest "Books". This means that all the author posts don't clog up your news feed but are still easily accessible in the one spot.
Yep this is how I do it. I have nearly 200 authors on two lists and one just for publishers.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #184
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Stirring the Embers (Starting Over #1) by Mary Jo Putney previously published as "The Burning Point" by Berkley 2000

Quote:
Kate Corsi always dreamed of working in her family's world-famous demolition business—a wish her old-fashioned father denied until his untimely death. He leaves a fortune to Kate and the business to her ex-husband, Donovan—but only if they agree to live under the same roof for a year.

Kate and Donovan married too young and stayed too long in a dangerously destructive marriage. Ten years later, surely they're mature enough to co-exist peacefully. But the embers of attraction swiftly flare into flame again.

Now, they must confront the pain of the past if they are to have a chance for a future and save their business from a saboteur they're beginning to suspect of murder.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #185
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Is anyone else having difficulties accessing Samhain's website...?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #186
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I just tried and I get:

Quote:
The connection has timed out
The server at www.samhainpublishing.com is taking too long to respond.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 AM   #187
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Down for everyone? says it's down.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #188
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Yep this is how I do it. I have nearly 200 authors on two lists and one just for publishers.
How can you make their posts disappear from news?

Or do you have to create a list of "those I want to read" and just use it all the time?

I can usually suppress pages from the newsfeed, but didn't see how to do that for people (other than changing what notices you get from them - but won't that affect what you see on the interests pages, too?)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:04 AM   #189
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Kindle Freebie

Stirring the Embers (Starting Over #1) by Mary Jo Putney previously published as "The Burning Point" by Berkley 2000
I had a comment left on my blog about this one - apparently it features an abusive relationship, but he 'changes' for the better. Fair warning for those that don't enjoy that type of romance.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #190
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Is anyone else having difficulties accessing Samhain's website...?
Maybe they were doing maintenance?

It's up now (at least, for me).
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #191
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
How can you make their posts disappear from news?

Or do you have to create a list of "those I want to read" and just use it all the time?

I can usually suppress pages from the newsfeed, but didn't see how to do that for people (other than changing what notices you get from them - but won't that affect what you see on the interests pages, too?)
Create an Interest the option is on left bar you may have to click the more button to see it. Then go to the persons facebook page and next to the Like button is a message button which has an icon that looks like a gear, click the gear and a drop menu will appear giving you the option to add the page to yout Interest List. This will add it to your interest feed and not your news feed you don't even have to like the page to add it to the interest list.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #192
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
The new Nicky Charles book is out!

You can get it @ Smashwords

This is fifth in her Werewolves series. (All Free)

Nicky Charles is a special lady. She does this for fun. Not for any profit. Her books are published worthy so don't let the free tag fool you. It's a great series and one I highly recommend.
I just got my email yesterday and was just about to let you know! The best part is that she is still going to be writing!

Yeah!!!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #193
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks for the tip! I had no idea you could do this. Having fun adding authors to my Books Interest list!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #194
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post

Thanks so much! I need all the help I can get.
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #195
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
That's how I read everything on Facebook... every friend and page are on a 'list' for easy filtering. I have several set up that way. Makes it easier for me to read when common themes are grouped together. Used to do the same with LJ when there was more activity over there.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote