Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Latest MobiDeDRM Patch

[edited January 2010]

Anyone wanting to remove DRM from ebooks should use google to find Apprentice Alf's blog.

Source code lines removed. Please don't post them here in the forums. -- Alex

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-04-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: This post is linked from a site that appears high in google searches
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thanks to a sample of a Mobipocket ebook for which MobiDeDRM 0.04 didn't work properly, I've made a slight adjustment to the code. The new code should work with all the ebooks that 0.04 worked with, and a few more.

For Mac users I have two useful AppleScripts. The first will take MobiDeDRM 0.02 and patch it to MobiDeDRM 0.05. The second, when MobiDeDRM.py is added to the package, will give drag & drop unlocking of Mobipocket files.

For Windows and Linux, I have a diff files created with the standard POSIX diff on Mac OS X 10.5.6, and when used with the standard patch tool on MobiDeDRM 0.02 should produce version 0.05.

For those who were happy with the line-by-line instructions, I have new ones here. I've reversed the order (last line patched first) to make the line numbers constant while patching.
I have gone into Active Python, and I am afraid that I am still flummoxed about how to even start correcting MobiDeDRM4.py.
Smart, I'm not...willing to try, I am.
Please help(don't even know about the line numbers).
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
devinoneill1
devinoneill1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pdurrant
I've been having some difficulty with your mobidedrm002to005 script, I pm'd you about it
but maybe there's an applescript pro who can walk my dumb @$$ though it in the mean time.
devinoneill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Good job dude. Are you starting work on epub and lrf any time soon?
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't do any of the hard work in the Mobipocket decoder code, just fixed a few minor bugs.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
Good job dude. Are you starting work on epub and lrf any time soon?
Advert
Old 12-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
This sounds like a great patch. Is it possible to post the lines of code in a different thread, perhaps the "Mobipocket Decoder Tool" thread where the Admins seem to have accepted code in the past? Or in a Wiki so that we can see them again?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm reluctant to repost anything that has been removed from Mobileread. The administrators have to make a judgement as to what's permissible.

It is much better to have the Mobileread forums without the Mobipocket Unlocker code, than to have no Mobileread forums at all.

Paul

without
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
This sounds like a great patch. Is it possible to post the lines of code in a different thread, perhaps the "Mobipocket Decoder Tool" thread where the Admins seem to have accepted code in the past? Or in a Wiki so that we can see them again?
Old 12-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I didn't see your original post, but I thought the update from 003 to 004 was posted with as little code as possible, for example:

[line 25] replace "a@18" with "a@@18"

But maybe you already were cryptic?

Last edited by FizzyWater; 12-20-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: to correct spelling error!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 PM   #9
devinoneill1
devinoneill1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm really dying here guys. I have no idea what I'm doing with this applescript for mobidedrm002to05. Is there anyway somebody can walk me through running it?
I'm sure its all my slow headedness, but when I try to put the code in applescript editor I get error messages stating unexpected characters, end of line expected something or other.
Any Suggestions?
Thanks,
Devin
devinoneill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #10
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinoneill1 View Post
I'm really dying here guys.
The best place to start to look for copies of MobiDeDRM python scripts is in the responses to DarkReverser's Weblog. Since 0.05 is new, start with the most recent responses.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
Striking Claw
Enthusiast
Striking Claw doesn't litterStriking Claw doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, ILiad, HP hx4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The best place to start to look for copies of MobiDeDRM python scripts is in the responses to DarkReverser's Weblog. Since 0.05 is new, start with the most recent responses.
I tried the version mentioned in the blog and got the following error message:
File "MobiDeDrm05.py", line 100
assert off + in_off + len(new) <= endoff
^

I have the version 0.04 which works.
Does someone know where to find a listing of the differences between 0.04 and 0.05?
Striking Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

There is only one line that changed between 0.04 and 0.05, barring comments and help info.

You should be able to find the information on the internet somewhere.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striking Claw View Post
I tried the version mentioned in the blog and got the following error message:
File "MobiDeDrm05.py", line 100
assert off + in_off + len(new) <= endoff
^

I have the version 0.04 which works.
Does someone know where to find a listing of the differences between 0.04 and 0.05?
Old 12-24-2008, 02:43 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm wondering why the code snippt to allow 0.02 to be updated to 0.04 was allowed on MR while the code snippit to go from 0.02 to 0.05 is not allowed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm wondering why the code snippt to allow 0.02 to be updated to 0.04 was allowed on MR while the code snippit to go from 0.02 to 0.05 is not allowed.
Probably because one was buried in a semi-related "help" thread so not as visible?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:32 PM   #15
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Probably because one was buried in a semi-related "help" thread so not as visible?

BOb
And also probably as it did not include scripts to do it automaticley as the original post did.

The one to change 0.2 to 0.4 required you to go find the script, and then apply the changes your self, i.e. no code was directly provided.

so a post just mention ing the additional step might be permissible, but providing a tool to do it for you might not be.

Its a bit of a blurry line, but ....
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote