Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 03:06 AM   #76
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by plivesey View Post
No difference, I'm afraid. Hey, ho! Thanks for all your help though, it's been very much appreciated.
I think I understand what it is. When you booted Android directly from internal SD using Marek's image you were using the hw_config and bootloader from the N905C hardware. If you are booting from the external SD then you'll use the original hw_config and bootloader which is right for your hardware but they are incompatible with the kernel from Marek's image.

Last edited by angor00; 02-13-2014 at 03:10 AM.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #77
tapioco2000
tapioco2000 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Have you tried perfect viewer (in my opinion the best app for viewing comics)?
Viewing comics with original kobo software is very hard, android would be important for a better experience in comics.
tapioco2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #78
wallaceff
wallaceff began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I have a GLO N613 and I can't get Android going. I have glo software 3.1.1
I've tried installing the dual boot option by placing the files from inside the zip file 1 at a time into the .kobo directory, the device reboots, but nothing seems to happen. When I look inside the .kobo after the reboot, the file I placed in there is gone.
How can I actually tell if anything installed??
wallaceff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #79
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff View Post
I have a GLO N613 and I can't get Android going. I have glo software 3.1.1
I've tried installing the dual boot option by placing the files from inside the zip file 1 at a time into the .kobo directory, the device reboots, but nothing seems to happen. When I look inside the .kobo after the reboot, the file I placed in there is gone.
How can I actually tell if anything installed??
The Glo hardware version is the letter (A or B) that is after the N613, but I don't think that it matters for Android.

If you follow the steps of the OP, then you're OK.
Its normal for the "KoboRoot.tgz" file to disappear.
Thats what happens after the installation of its contents.

So, if you 'press and hold' the light button and then 'power on' the device what is happening?
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #80
wallaceff

Thanks. That worked
Boots up fine. When go to the Google play store though and sign in, I get an error and I can't download anything. When I look under Settings, there is no 'accounts' menu option. Is the Accounts option meant to be there?
Advert
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #81
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaceff View Post
When go to the Google play store though and sign in, I get an error and I can't download anything. When I look under Settings, there is no 'accounts' menu option. Is the Accounts option meant to be there?
I don't have the Accounts option either, but I did use the Play Store once, and it worked OK.
Now I have it frozen (disabled), to conserve battery. If I want something from there, I use this link.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #82
wallaceff

Ok.. well.. fixed my account problem by loading clearing the cache and data from play store and google framework, then loading gmail and signing in.

Anyone else unable to swipe down from the top to display the notifications??

Any thoughts on if we will get a KitKat version of android going (I know, its a HUGE ask, but it is supposed to be more friendly to low memory devices).
Old 02-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #83
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Dual boot not working for me

I followed the instructions but:
1) Both backups produced nothing. I cannot find the backup directory in the android SD.
2) When starting android I get a page that says Sistem starting (well, the German equivalent I guess) then a full screen flash, Sistem starting, full screen flash... ad infinitum...
I guess I will keep using Koreader until a new version of the patch arrives...
Regards.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 04:05 AM   #84
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

What image did you use to create the SD card? It seems that you use the image for direct booting from the internal slot. Or it may be the broken SD card, try to use the other class 10 SD card.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #85
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I dont know where the problem is...

I used a class 10 card.
First I tried the version used to boot from the internal slot.
Later I used the one provided for the dual boot. I guess I will try downloading it again and copying that image to the SD card.
Regards.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:54 AM   #86
zufre
Connoisseur

Downloading it again...
Any luck enabling WIFI?
How about that Android version from scratch you were working on, will you get it sometime soon?
Regards and thanks for your hard work.

Last edited by zufre; 02-17-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #87
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
Any luck enabling WIFI?
What model do you have? I look at your profile and see that you have the Kobo Glo. As far as I know at Kobo Glo WiFi works. For Glo/Touch I have made the dualboot patch only, Android images and kernel was made by other people. I'm working on kernel for Aura HD only because I have the Aura HD. And yes, on Aura HD WiFi didn't work. I fixed it. Patches and instructions are coming soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
How about that Android version from scratch you were working on, will you get it sometime soon?
Regards and thanks for your hard work.
Again, it is for Aura HD only
Old 02-18-2014, 01:37 AM   #88
zufre
Connoisseur

I got a Kobo Glo.
I tried with your Android SD card image and it worked. I guess I had tried before with the other version.
Wifi got connected but the browser didnt seem to work. Well, I will try again, maybe with another browser.
Regards.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 AM   #89
zufre
Connoisseur

Yes, Wifi works

Yes, everything seems to work fine. Market works and I am installing some apps now...
Thank for your help!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #90
maryaie
maryaie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks for the awesome add on ... It works perfectly on my Kobo Touch. There is only one problem. It doesn't show Arabic and Persian words properly. Is there any way to fix this problem?!

Thanks
maryaie is offline   Reply With Quote