Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #496
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplicity787 View Post
Sorry if i will raise a noob question.

How to use google play on my PW? Please help me guys...

TIA. more power!!!
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #497
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Delete this post!

Delete this post!

Last edited by arthurdapaz; 04-30-2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Delete this post!
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #498
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
#include <archive.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
printf('Hello World');
return -1;
}

Should that be:

#include <archive.h>

or

#include "archive.h"

Last edited by mallums; 04-30-2013 at 11:02 AM.
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #499
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
#include <archive.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
printf('Hello World');
return -1;
}

Should that be:

#include <archive.h>

or

#include "archive.h"
Ans: Depends on where you put the file.

Find file on your system, make file location and include directive agree on where it is at.

Both: gcc -v and gcc -E can be a big help in troubleshooting "things not found or not working" problems.

The gcc on-line manuals are indexed in our prefix index system, found in a sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #500
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ans: Depends on where you put the file.

Find file on your system, make file location and include directive agree on where it is at.

Both: gcc -v and gcc -E can be a big help in troubleshooting "things not found or not working" problems.

The gcc on-line manuals are indexed in our prefix index system, found in a sticky at the top of this forum.

The post this was in reply to was a reply to a post that has been edited out of existence (and was off topic anyway).

Last edited by mallums; 04-30-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 AM   #501
mallums
Enthusiast

This is now out of context.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #502
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
The post this was in reply to was a reply to a post that has been edited out of existence (and was off topic anyway).

Mods, feel free to delete that post and this one you're reading now.
Well, if you follow the little blue "back links" icon in the quotes, you will find that the original post is still there.

And that the original answer contains good, general purpose, advice on using the toolchain compiler.

I really don't see any reason that this sequence should be deleted - other than that I was replying to a duplicated cross-post.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #503
mallums
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, if you follow the little blue "back links" icon in the quotes, you will find that the original post is still there.

And that the original answer contains good, general purpose, advice on using the toolchain compiler.

I really don't see any reason that this sequence should be deleted - other than that I was replying to a duplicated cross-post.
Sorry. No problem. I am still a relative n00b. To me, I have just cluttered up the thread, but if this might help someone, let's leave it in.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #504
williaty
williaty began at the beginning.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what I screwed up. I watched a youtube video and it turns out I missed the fact that I also had to copy over the debug file. Worked perfectly after I fixed that.

So I'm having trouble getting the jailbreak off the ground. I downloaded the zip and placed the script in the root directory of the Paperwhite and the .mobi in the documents directory of the Paperwhite. After ejecting it, the jailbreak document shows up, I can open it, tap "Click to jailbreak" to get to the screen where I have to touch the upper left corner, and then I get stuck. I cannot find a way to get it to recognize the touch to the upper left corner. It just refuses to do anything. Firmware is version 5.3.4 (1848900011) and the serial number begins with B024.

Any idea what's going wrong for me? Thanks!

Last edited by williaty; 04-30-2013 at 05:37 PM.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #505
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by williaty View Post
Any idea what's going wrong for me? Thanks!
The document made a suggestion that worked for me. Place your thumb in the upper left corner and touch the screen from that position. That was the only thing that worked for me.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #506
bribs81
bribs81 began at the beginning.

Hi,
The title speak about "Firmware 5.3.5" but the readme file in the package talk about "5.2.0, 5.3.0, 5.3.1, 5.3.4". So I readed several pages of this thread (English is NOT my language) but I wasn't able to understand if this jb works or not in my Paperwhite.
Actually I would like to use the Kindle PDF Viewer and the custom wallpapers... What I have to do?

thanks
bribs81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #507
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribs81 View Post
Hi,
The title speak about "Firmware 5.3.5" but the readme file in the package talk about "5.2.0, 5.3.0, 5.3.1, 5.3.4". So I readed several pages of this thread (English is NOT my language) but I wasn't able to understand if this jb works or not in my Paperwhite.
Actually I would like to use the Kindle PDF Viewer and the custom wallpapers... What I have to do?

thanks
It doesn't matter, the jailbreak works on 5.3.5. As for custom screensavers, check this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195474

I don't know about the PDF Viewer.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #508
CardosoP
CardosoP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Hi, ixtab, sorry about being a noob about it, but I've just got a Kindle Paperwhite WiFi (no SO here in Brazil) and I really want to install NiLuJe's ScreenSaver hack (the one that uses the current book cover as a screensaver)...

My device is running on 5.3.3 and to sum it up, can I follow the first post to the letter and then follow NiLuJe's and install python and then the hack?

I'm asking this because I've seen someone saying that he had to "recompile" the files in order to made them work on the Paperwhite he got also here in Brazil. Got any clues?!

EDIT: by reading some more, here I found about the B020 hehehe, mine SN starts with B024, so I cannot use the files provided here?!?

Thanks in advance, guys! Loving here already!

Last edited by CardosoP; 05-16-2013 at 10:30 PM.
CardosoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #509
CardosoP
CardosoP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Ok, got it on the wiki that B024 stands for Kindle PaperWhite WiFi :P

So, can someone please direct this n00b if he can use the files and follow the instructions to the letter by using a 5.3.3 KPW which has a B024 serial? Thanks in advance!!
CardosoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #510
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
CardosoP You either have to update to 5.3.4 or 5.3.5 or downgrade to 5.3.1 then use the first post in both threads for what you want. For some reason the jailbreak didn't work on 5.3.3 but was kept thanks to the bridging and whatever changed in 5.3.3 changed back in later releases of the firmware.

Mind you I could be wrong and I'm sure if I am someone will let you know.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote