Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
indiaink
sic vita est
indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.indiaink knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KK, PW
TallMom, could you possibly post a photo of it? I ordered the Roof of Heaven in purple, and he will be here Monday ... but I am pining to see a photo IRL before then ... sigh.

Many thanks -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
My cover arrived yesterday and it's beautiful. I ordered the Saddle "Roof of Heaven". Almost ordered the purple but I really like the saddle.
indiaink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #47
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I'm selling the red River Garden K2 cover in the Flea Market section of this board. I posted pictures in the thread. It's not used, it's brand new!

Last edited by Lilly; 03-26-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #48
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Does it have corners or velcro?

Never mind, it's for a K2. I should have looked first ;o(

Last edited by krisk; 03-27-2009 at 12:07 AM.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #49
vbtwo31984
vbtwo31984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just received the following in the mail from Oberon:

Quote:
Dear Oberon Design Customer,
It's come to our attention that the rivet heads on our Kindle 2 covers that hold our corner straps down may mark the back of your Kindle 2. Of the hundres of Kindle 2 covers shipped in the last several weeks, we have heard from two customers with questions on this potential problem. Enclosed you will find two felt 'dot pads' with adhesive backing which we are now appling to all our K2 covers. Simply peel the backing off and adhere the dots t the rivets heads on your corner straps and press down for a secure connection. This will protect your Kindle backside. Thanks for supporting Oberon Design and we hope you are enjoying your Kindle and your Oberon cover! All the best to you,
The Oberon Team
Now, this is what I call customer service! Not only have they acknowledged a problem after only two complaints, they have fixed it and have sent a fix out to everyone that ordered from them, even though I had no idea that there was even an issue and my Kindle isn't scratched in any way! Would love to see more companies doing this sort of stuff.
vbtwo31984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #50
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

That's great cust. service.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #51
birdlady
birdlady began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Did you try this and covert it to a Kindle cover? Is this what you guys are talking about?

The Tree Of Life Refillable Leather Journal with Embossed Tree Designs, Gold Edge Sheets, Lined, 6x8"
birdlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #52
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

I wonder how long it will take for them to get covers out for the newest release? anyone know what the lag time was for 2?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #53
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I guess they will arrive at once.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #54
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
I guess they will arrive at once.
the oberon covers?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #55
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I wonder how long it will take for them to get covers out for the newest release? anyone know what the lag time was for 2?
It took a while because they had to get hold of a K2 before they could make their covers (they are not an "official" cover maker like M-Edge or Cole Hahn).

There are folks a Kindleboards who are in regular contact with Oberon so posting over their might provide a better time line.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #56
krisk
Wizard

ah ok, thanks!
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So how much would a DX cover from Oberon go for?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #58
krisk
Wizard

look at their website and see what approximates the size. you'd have to get them to make one first of course!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #59
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
They received their K2 on the first day it was available to the general public, and the K2 covers started shipping a little over 3 weeks later, if I'm recalling correctly. The backlog from the preorders was cleared by the end of March, so the turnaround was pretty decent.

However, I have no idea if there are plans to do a DX cover; I would imagine that it will have a lot to do with demand. Might be worth emailing them to ask.

If someone wanted to do their own, Oberon's large journal cover is designed to hold an 8 1/2" x 11" journal, so the DX should fit. I'd probably use industrial strength velcro to hold the device in if I went that route.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #60
krisk
Wizard

I like their craftsmanship and prefer the corner tabs over velcro. if I get the larger reader (I will at some point, it's just a matter of when), I'll wait for them to make one.