Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
revtbc
revtbc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Blank Screen in ADE / Trouble loading to Kobo Touch

I must be doing something wrong...I followed to Noob Guidelines but I'm still having trouble. I downloaded two books through iTunes. They are in ePub format. I can get ADE to recognize them and add them to the library but when I try to open them all I get is the contents and publication details on the left hand side, an accurate list of the page numbers up top and a blank screen in the reading pane.

I can drag them to the Kobo Touch and it adds them...but I get the same problem on the Kobo Touch.

Anybody got any suggestions?? I really want to read one of these books!

revtbc
revtbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Do the books have a .epub extension or is it a .acsm extension?
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
I believe that Apple has its own flavor of DRM for EPUBs so their books can only be read with iOS apps.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
As a test, I decided to load iTunes and buy a $0.99 book called Wine For Dummies. I got this message when I tried to buy the book: "Are you sure you want to buy Wine for Dummies? Books can only be read using iBooks on a compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch." To complete the test, I bought the book and opened the EPUB file downloaded by iTunes with Adobe Digital Editions. Essentially I got the same results as you describe. i.e. the book is not readable in ADE.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Apple books are odd, they won't work on any device that isn't Apple and the DRM can't be hacked.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert