Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Fictionwise, I've probably spent more money there than anywhere else. The selection isn't as good as it apparently once was, before B&N bought them. But they also have cheap prices as they frequently have sales.

And Manybooks.net is good for PD stuff, but they seem to be having server problems of late...

I used to like Feedbooks for PD stuff, but they've apparently turned themselves into an EPUB store
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #17
smurfymom
smurfymom began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel 6"
great site

I love booksonboard.com. They have a large catalog and are fairly inexpensive.
smurfymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
(Canada uses Life+50 years as the period for copyright, so there are works that are in the public domain in Canada but not the US.)
And vice-versa (works published before 1923 by authors who did not die before 1961).

Quote:
AU has changed its laws on copyright to correspond to the Life+70 years practice in the US and elsewhere
Isn't the US Life+90 (on top of other idiosyncrasies)?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
mikeayers
Zealot
mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 10thGen, Kobo Clara HD
I've heard the US is LifeBeforeMickeyMouse. They keep changing it to protect Mickey.
mikeayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Another vote for Gutenberg.org, here. Got me some Poe, Wilde, Yeats, MacDonald, etc. from there already and I'm sure I'll get more. The Kobo is worth it if only to have those books on something I can read them on. I don't want to read a book on my computer.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #21
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
I used to like Feedbooks for PD stuff, but they've apparently turned themselves into an EPUB store
Feedbooks still have PD books. they have a smaller selection than Gutenberg but their books seem to be generally better formatted. Their site is also a bit nicer. So for feedbooks.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:09 PM   #22
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Thanks for all the replies. I got a couple of books of feedbooks last night.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #23
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
The internet archive has the largest source of public domain texts, with over 2.7 million. Unfortunately, most of those texts are just scanned and ocr'd, so they are not high quality. It is a good resource, however, because it will provide texts for project gutenberg distributed proofreaders for years to come. The internet archive also has some decent databases that provide high quality texts, and the community texts tend to be pretty good as well. The site url is archive.org.

Last edited by spellbanisher; 03-18-2011 at 11:51 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote