Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #166
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Has 2.1.4 added anything in shelves so you can set your own order of the books. I have a series, and would like to have the order shown in series order. I'm interested in this on the device itself (not using Calibre).
The sorting options for a shelf is:

- Title
- Author
- File Type
- Recent Reads
- Date Added

The choices I can think of for what you want are:

- Prefix the title with the series index. With calibre, that would be easy.
- Add them to the shelf in reverse order of sequence and then short by Date Added.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #167
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
So are the updates purely by region or model type? Do the models differ by region?

If I theoretically took my Kobo to Canada, would it get the update?
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #168
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by corroonb View Post
I still haven't received the update. When is the roll-out expected to be complete and why is it taking so long?
That's odd, I also live in Ireland and I updated via WiFi on Friday.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #169
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Taking your Kobo to Canada is no guarantee of getting the update. I'm in Canada (National Capital Region) and despite sync'ing every day I'm still on 2.0.0. Soon, I hope... (I have no desire to do it manually.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #170
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
There is a thread about this here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38#post2252238

I have had success getting this to go away by reformatting the sd card and then adding the books back in. A more complete explanation is in the thread.
I'll check the thread you mentioned and see if any suggestions there that I have not tried as yet.

I've already tried the reformat (in the Kobo and in an external reader) of the SD cards. I also added the books back a couple of times, once en masse and the second time adding 100 at a time with no change in the behaviour. I must admit that the time to process the books after adding them is a lot shorter than it used to be making this playing around a bit more enjoyable.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #171
Moody12b
Moody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura aboutMoody12b has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
How to access these fonts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You can extract the delima font from the firmware update files of earlier versions. You can find the links at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69&postcount=1. The location of the fonts is for instance "kobo3-update-1.9.17\KoboRoot\KoboRoot\usr\local\Trolltech\QtEmb edded-4.6.2-arm\lib\fonts". You have to decompress kobo3-update-1.9.17.exe and after that KoboRoot.tgz and KoboRoot.tar to get there.
What do I need to do with the extracted font files to make them available?
Moody12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #172
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Does anybody know where to find the dictionnaries settings ?
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #173
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
If you mean what dictionaries are installed, go to Settings | Language and then edit what dictionaries are installed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #174
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody12b View Post
What do I need to do with the extracted font files to make them available?
Create a directory called 'fonts' (it seems to be case-sensitive) in the root folder of your Kobo, and paste the fonts inside it. They should appear in the font selection menu of your books.
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #175
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Taking your Kobo to Canada is no guarantee of getting the update. I'm in Canada (National Capital Region) and despite sync'ing every day I'm still on 2.0.0. Soon, I hope... (I have no desire to do it manually.)
Ditto. Although I live a little more to the east...
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #176
Squatter
Squatter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
I concur with Murg and the well-known Australasian Kobo brick issue. The update via Kobo Desktop seemed to proceed happily and the result was no change from 2.0.0c. Tried it again just for curiosity and it seemed to update again happily to 2.0.4 which still looked the same.

Waited a day but manually updated to 2.1.4 and everything is fine. Speedup is terrific and dead taps no longer an issue here. Main issue is (me) falling asleep while reading & finding myself a few pages ahead or behind - much the same as with a real book. Don't use an SD card.

With all the trouble with a bricking Kobo, I abandoned using Kobo Desktop and wifi. However, I would never have known to try the update twice. I may never have connected up to Kobo Desktop for another month. This is why I keep checking back here.

Anyway, my general feeling is that 2.1.4 is about where my Kobo experience should have started, although I wouldn't mind another 1.327 seconds before the clock disappears

It would also be nice to know if the bricking issue is over for good or us brickers have to go through 2-phase updates forever.
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #177
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Anyway, my general feeling is that 2.1.4 is about where my Kobo experience should have started, although I wouldn't mind another 1.327 seconds before the clock disappears
This should be configurable. I'd like the clock to last about 5 seconds. Some people would probably like it to be longer, or even permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
It would also be nice to know if the bricking issue is over for good or us brickers have to go through 2-phase updates forever.
I'm waiting until I'm between books to do a factory reset and see what version I get. Someone here claimed they were getting 2.0 as the factory reset version, so it's possible that the 2.0.4 update process is changing the factory version on the Touch.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #178
Dipsomaniac
Dipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of lightDipsomaniac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
Ditto. Although I live a little more to the east...
No auto-update to 2.1.4 here in Toronto either - at least, not up to last night.
Dipsomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #179
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

for those that asked:
i had manually installed 2.1.1
used wifi to update to 2.14, no problems so far that i can see, page turns are fast and seem stable (touch wood)
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #180
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The sorting options for a shelf is:

- Title
- Author
- File Type
- Recent Reads
- Date Added

The choices I can think of for what you want are:

- Prefix the title with the series index. With calibre, that would be easy.
- Add them to the shelf in reverse order of sequence and then short by Date Added.

One sorting option I looked for, and didn't find, was to sort by %read. Basically I wanted to find the books I hadn't read yet.

Also, sometimes I open a book to see how big it is, because I haven't found a way to see if it is a short story or a complete book. This means the KT shows a small %read. So I want a sort by %read to bring unopened, and small %read books to the top of the list.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote