Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #16
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
^Yes I did. I authorized my PP to ADE.

Another thing I observed is that ADE keeps on saying not responding and I have to close it. Then open it again. I uninstalled and installed it 3-4 times. I noticed it when I hook up my PP and my SD card is in it's slot. But if I just hook up my PP w/o the SD card it (ADE) wont crash. And it's slow transfering ebooks. Is it just me or someone else experience this too?

Is this because I'm using vista? or the system I'm using doesnt matter, really....I'm a newbie so please bear with me.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #17
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
^Yes I did. I authorized my PP to ADE.

Another thing I observed is that ADE keeps on saying not responding and I have to close it. Then open it again. I uninstalled and installed it 3-4 times. I noticed it when I hook up my PP and my SD card is in it's slot. But if I just hook up my PP w/o the SD card it (ADE) wont crash. And it's slow transfering ebooks. Is it just me or someone else experience this too?

Is this because I'm using vista? or the system I'm using doesnt matter, really....I'm a newbie so please bear with me.
ahhhhh.....

Might be a simple answer after all. I had the same problem when I first started using ADE (and still do as a matter of fact).

Problem is the clock on your computer. It has to be correct as ADE appears to want to sync so it can track your lending period.

[The clock on my computer is incorrect for reasons outside of this discussion] So before I start ADE up I set the clock.

Otherwise you get that error.
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #18
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeace View Post
ahhhhh.....

Might be a simple answer after all. I had the same problem when I first started using ADE (and still do as a matter of fact).

Problem is the clock on your computer. It has to be correct as ADE appears to want to sync so it can track your lending period.

[The clock on my computer is incorrect for reasons outside of this discussion] So before I start ADE up I set the clock.

Otherwise you get that error.
My clock is already set... I haven't tried borrowing books, I'm still reading a bunch of books I borrowed. I'll post soon after. Thanks for this. Will try it.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeace View Post
I can only think of one reason why someone might want to set the computer's clock incorrectly...

Heh heh heh.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #20
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Can you borrow books only from libraries local to you or is there an online ebook lending library?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
If you live in the US, you can borrow ebooks from many public libraries. Those libraries must use the Overdrive digital media service. If your local library does not have ebooks, you may be able to get a library card from another larger library in your State. As an example, if you live in California and have a California ID card, you can get a library card from many of the larger city libraries in California and have large ebook selections.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #22
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Am in Ontario, and only recently moved here so it's something I need to look into
Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #23
wpeace
Seer
wpeace began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WP7 Pocket PC/SmartQ7/Pocket Pro/A5A iPad Streak 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
I can only think of one reason why someone might want to set the computer's clock incorrectly...

Heh heh heh.
You're not trying to say.....

Honestly, it's not what you think. My desktop just happens to be connected to a domain and the clock is set by an old server that can't seem to maintain the correct time. I've just not bothered to fix it.
wpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #24
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Am in Ontario, and only recently moved here so it's something I need to look into
Hamilton's library system does have ebooks (and they do have some ePUBs, although not very many yet). Here's a link: http://hpl.lib.overdrive.com

You can also check with them to see if they have reciprocal lending agreements with other library systems in Ontario. At http://search.overdrive.com/ you can find out which of Ontario's libraries have ebooks.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:35 AM   #25
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
There are some ebook lending libraries listed here: libraries
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #26
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
There are some ebook lending libraries listed here: libraries
Good link. I found this site http://www.libwise.com/ozebooks/ but they talk about mobipocket id. Does this mean it uses mobi drm and we can't use it on the PP anymore due to the change to Adobe?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #27
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ Jusmee

That seems a good library. According to here http://www.mobipocket.com/en/Downloa...?device=Others it does BeBook and Jinke's Hanlin. This would seem it should work for PEZ.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:05 AM   #28
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

I think your right Jusmee. I couldn't locate a Mobipocket PID number on my Pocket Pro. I think it may only work with the 6" devices that they mention.

Last edited by Javed; 12-05-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: update in information
Old 12-05-2009, 06:28 AM   #29
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Good link. I found this site http://www.libwise.com/ozebooks/ but they talk about mobipocket id. Does this mean it uses mobi drm and we can't use it on the PP anymore due to the change to Adobe?

True. PP only displays non-DRM mobi.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #30
omro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Hamilton's library system does have ebooks (and they do have some ePUBs, although not very many yet). Here's a link: http://hpl.lib.overdrive.com

You can also check with them to see if they have reciprocal lending agreements with other library systems in Ontario. At http://search.overdrive.com/ you can find out which of Ontario's libraries have ebooks.
OMG what an awesome link! :-)