Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Samcxjo
Nameless Being

eBook Library (Mac) and metadata

Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm certain the answers to my questions are already answered somewhere, but I did a search and I'm afraid a lot of what I found is a bit too technical for me

The main problem is metadata: more often than not, the ebooks that I download have incorrect or missing information, and I have no idea how to correct this. It doesn't seem to be possible in eBook Library. Before Sony released the Mac software I used Calibre, which could edit data but often substituted weird characters into the titles, among other issues.

So, what's the best way to go about changing this information for ePub, LRF and PDF files?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Calibre, and raise any issues you have, as the rest of us using it don't have the problems you mention.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
2voc
2voc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
With PDF's you're going to have to use a program like Adobe Acrobat and change the values. File > Properties.

If you don't have Acrobat, try the free open source alternative, PDFCreator and see if that works. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
2voc is offline   Reply With Quote