Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad wifi 64gb
Renaming a Book ? - Sony 505

Sometimes when I install a book or PDF on my reader the name is not what I would like to see.
I would like to change the name.

Can I do this in ELibrary through PC or should I just rename the file before I even put it into Ereader Library.

Thanks for advice
vally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Calibre will enable you to edit book titles among many other items.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Is there any way to rename them without installing Calibre?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
1. Right-click on the file icon.
2. Select "rename".
3. Rename.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #5
vally
vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vally has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
2. Select "rename".
3. Rename.
Thanks for your reply but when I right click in Library program there is no Rename selection.
So I suppose I will have to do it through Explorer
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
vally

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Calibre will enable you to edit book titles among many other items.
Thanks - I have downloaded Calibre and made the changes I needed
Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
2. Select "rename".
3. Rename.
I'm guessing this is in the actual folder where the books are stored? I haven't tried that but I have tried right clicking in the Library.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The OP is referring to changing the metadata of the eBooks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony 505