Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
elfmanguy
elfmanguy began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
The Death of Death, a sweet little tale

Hello all. I've just posted my first short story. It's a sweet little fantasy tale about the subject of death and it's 99¢. I think it would resonate mostly with the young adult set, but it's for anyone ages 13 and up. Please check it out and if you do, any review, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thank you.

LINK: The Death of Death

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Here are a couple of reviews:

"I found this story to be a refreshing change in its uniqueness. Very well thought-out.

In fact, the story has an essence of Tim Burton-esque, in the terms of creating beauty from tragedy, that sets the tone from the onset and is one of my favorite aspects. The whimsy and tragedy combined were carefully written with a beautiful plot that succeeds in building a sort of suspense throughout the story. The characters were well written, thoughtful and eccentric, in a successful attempt to draw me into the characters emotion!

This is one of the writer's first efforts and, all in all, is an admirable effort and was well worth the read. I would highly recommend this being adapted into a short film and would be the first in line to view it!"

"Very touching story about a topic that most of us don't like to think about. The imagery was beautiful. It was if I was "reading" a movie, if that makes sense. This story is highly recommended!"
elfmanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
elfmanguy

The Death of Death, a sweet little tale

Hello all! I've published my first short story. Please give it a read if you like. It's cheap at 99¢. There are short descriptions of deaths, but they are few and I believe someone the ages of 12 and above can handle the somewhat morbid subject matter.

If you or your kids love works by Tim Burton and/or Neil Gaiman, this is neither, but it may very well resemble both.

The Death of Death

Death guides usually have rather normal names like John, Mary, Harry, and Jessica. And even ones not quite so normal, like Bartholomew or Ambrosia. They also have the most interesting tales behind their deaths. But one particular death guide has a few problems: she cannot remember her name or the details of her demise, and thus has no story of her own. One fateful night, she meets a young girl that may change her death forever.

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gaiman and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.

Here are a couple of reviews:

"How can death be so touching? Read this story to find out. The author uses a poetic prose as he pulls you into not only the story, but also the characters. Written against the backdrop of death this story (ironically) is full of magic. Opposites of life and death come together, giving context to the full spectrum of the human condition. This story touched me in many ways, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it."

[Edited for length - MODERATOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-02-01 at 4.05.35 AM.png
Views:	295
Size:	356.9 KB
ID:	100493  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-28-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
elfmanguy

Free Short Novel, The Death of Death

Hello. My short novel, The Death of Death, will be free for temporarily at Smashwords, so please take a gander. What can be better then free?

The Death of Death: Smashwords edition

Inspired by the works of Tim Burton and Neil Gailman, and in the style of Children's tales of old, The Death of Death is a tragic, yet sweet little tale about loss and acceptance.

Suitable for ages 12 and up.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
elfmanguy

This is still free at Smashwords, so give it a read if you like.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
Aleesa
Aleesa began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just picked it up. Looking forward to reading it!
Aleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
elfmanguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleesa View Post
I just picked it up. Looking forward to reading it!
Thank you very much, Aleesa.

Tags
death, fantasy, fiction, gothic, paranormal fantasy, short, teen, young adult