Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Changing fonts? in ePub too?

Since the answers I got on my previous question here made the Sony PRS-T2 tumble down from its place as most preferred reader, I'm considering the Boox i62 even more.

When I read the description on ereaderstore.de, I see:
"Font size and family change"

This makes me wonder...

The biggest disappointment I had with my BeBook One, was the inability to change the font family of an ePub. Since even the ereader-app on my Android-phone was able to do that (and change line-hight, margines etc...) I couldn't believe a dedicated device couldn't do what a simple app did, so I considered it a bug in my device.
However, I was then told that it's impossible to change the font of an epub, since those ebooks have their fonts embedded. If I really wanted them in another then the default (??? wasn't it embedded?) font, I had to manually edit the stylesheet of the epub.

So: The statement that the Boox i62 can change not only font size but also font family, is this true for most formats, or only for some?

(my Bebook can change the fonts of Mobi-books and I sometimes convert my epubs to mobi when the default serif font is cumbersome to read - another problem of my present reader is that the difference between 'small' and 'medium' size in epub is very large, with small too small and medium too large.)
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
Since the answers I got on my previous question here made the Sony PRS-T2 tumble down from its place as most preferred reader, I'm considering the Boox i62 even more.

When I read the description on ereaderstore.de, I see:
"Font size and family change"

This makes me wonder...

The biggest disappointment I had with my BeBook One, was the inability to change the font family of an ePub. Since even the ereader-app on my Android-phone was able to do that (and change line-hight, margines etc...) I couldn't believe a dedicated device couldn't do what a simple app did, so I considered it a bug in my device.
However, I was then told that it's impossible to change the font of an epub, since those ebooks have their fonts embedded. If I really wanted them in another then the default (??? wasn't it embedded?) font, I had to manually edit the stylesheet of the epub.

So: The statement that the Boox i62 can change not only font size but also font family, is this true for most formats, or only for some?

(my Bebook can change the fonts of Mobi-books and I sometimes convert my epubs to mobi when the default serif font is cumbersome to read - another problem of my present reader is that the difference between 'small' and 'medium' size in epub is very large, with small too small and medium too large.)
It is true. In i62HD you can open EPUB with PDF Reader, CoolReader and FB Reader. Last two apps allow you to change font family and set other reading settings (line spacing, font size, margins).
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
It is true. In i62HD you can open EPUB with PDF Reader, CoolReader and FB Reader. Last two apps allow you to change font family and set other reading settings (line spacing, font size, margins).
And thats good, because I could read my epubs with FBReader in the Font Ubunto mono :-)
Very readable for me :-)
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Should read this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167973
It describes as CoolReader not change those external sources do not exist in the system.

This bug must be added the separation of words for different languages​​, as the CoollReader starts "linked" to Russian_EnUS_hyphen_ (Alan). Pdb and can not be changed for other languages.

Two old errors, reported to Booxtor, which has not yet been fixed.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidol View Post
And thats good, because I could read my epubs with FBReader in the Font Ubunto mono :-)
Indeed, that's a beautiful font :-D

@fraylocux: I understand that only fonts that already are on the device can be displayed? But that's already much better than my BeBook, who can only use one serif font...

Last edited by AnneT; 10-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
Indeed, that's a beautiful font :-D

@fraylocux: I understand that only fonts that already are on the device can be displayed? But that's already much better than my BeBook, who can only use one serif font...
There is a "trick" the system to incorporate your favorite sources:
Updating the device, and microSD memory upgrade next to zip, copies a folder named "fonts" and within your favorite sources.
I've done it many times and never had any problems.
You can also delete, update in the zip, those sources do not support your language reading, or you do not
like.
When you try to copy the zip update sources, sometimes the system gets corrupted.
I therefore recommend the above method.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
AnneT
Groupie

Thank you!