Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #1
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3
funky rar

I have a strange rar issue. Rars from Baen's Library won't show up. If I make the Rars, they'll show up. I rar'd some RTF files and the reader would see them outside the rar, but not in the rar. It would read some files from the rar....Doc's and such. A minor inconvenience, but a bothersome one. Any Ideas?
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:45 AM   #2
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogleg View Post
I have a strange rar issue. Rars from Baen's Library won't show up. If I make the Rars, they'll show up. I rar'd some RTF files and the reader would see them outside the rar, but not in the rar. It would read some files from the rar....Doc's and such. A minor inconvenience, but a bothersome one. Any Ideas?
Hi,

With the new 5 december firmware release I tried a RAR file yesterday that would not open. I have reported this to Jinke and they would investigate. Problem is that my RAR file is too big to send by mail. Maybe your issue is connected. I would suggest reporting this issue on the Jinke forum and I assume Min will respond to you to send the message. I'm reluctant to put his email adres directly here.. but if you send me your email I will give it to you to speed things up.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
hogleg
Enthusiast
hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hogleg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Im having trouble registering and account. I sent you a pm
hogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
Hi,

With the new 5 december firmware release I tried a RAR file yesterday that would not open. I have reported this to Jinke and they would investigate. Problem is that my RAR file is too big to send by mail. Maybe your issue is connected. I would suggest reporting this issue on the Jinke forum and I assume Min will respond to you to send the message. I'm reluctant to put his email adres directly here.. but if you send me your email I will give it to you to speed things up.
Is RAR and for that matter ZIP supported formats for eBook reading? If so what formats can be inside the container? I found RAR and ZIP listed in the previous V2 products but I don't see them on the list at the Jinke site for V3.

If the inside contents can be image files directly then, if effect, they support CBR and CBZ formats even if they don't accept the extension although accepting the extensions would be a good think.

If WOLF can be inside RAR and or ZIP then I would like to know this also.

I am trying to update the wiki entry for the Hanlin V3

Thanks for any guidance.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
mvoosten
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Is RAR and for that matter ZIP supported formats for eBook reading? If so what formats can be inside the container? I found RAR and ZIP listed in the previous V2 products but I don't see them on the list at the Jinke site for V3.

If the inside contents can be image files directly then, if effect, they support CBR and CBZ formats even if they don't accept the extension although accepting the extensions would be a good think.

If WOLF can be inside RAR and or ZIP then I would like to know this also.

I am trying to update the wiki entry for the Hanlin V3

Thanks for any guidance.

Dale
In the brief test I did on RAR and ZIP, the V3 shows the content as is was a folder. Opening the RAR or ZIP just shows you the content that you then can pick, so whatever the V3 supports native it will show and can be opened.
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvoosten View Post
In the brief test I did on RAR and ZIP, the V3 shows the content as is was a folder. Opening the RAR or ZIP just shows you the content that you then can pick, so whatever the V3 supports native it will show and can be opened.
Excellent, that is what I needed to know. I presume the content can be read without having to physically extract it first.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:41 AM   #7
mvoosten
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Excellent, that is what I needed to know. I presume the content can be read without having to physically extract it first.

Dale
Correct, no need to extract.. Basicly works as with zip files in windows, they are treated as regular folders.