Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #76
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
I'm attaching a few of those files hoping it could help you to understand what's going on..
Thanks so much for your help!!
brainvision,

On my Win7 system these files all merge just fine.

Judging from the error message, I don't think this is a problem with EpubMerge. I think it's a problem with your system's python install or libraries.

Searching for XML_SetHashSalt finds this debian bug report. If you're using debian, that may help.

If you're using a different linux version, this previously reported problem may be the same as yours. Are you using the latest calibre version?

If neither of these help, we'll need to ask Kovid.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #77
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.3.2 - 15 Mar 2013

Command Line Interface(CLI)

Starting with calibre 0.9.23, calibre offers a command-line interface (CLI) for calling plugins.

This plugin supports that option and allows the user to call the plugin's basic functionality from outside calibre without having to install Python or get the plugin's files separately.

Details:
Code:
Usage: calibre-debug.exe --run-plugin EpubMerge -- [options] <input epub> [<input epub>...]

Given list of epubs will be merged together into one new epub.

Options:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT
                        Set OUTPUT file, Default: merge.epub
  -t TITLE, --title=TITLE
                        Use TITLE as the metadata title.  Default: '<first
                        epub title> Anthology'
  -d DESC, --description=DESC
                        Use DESC as the metadata description.  Default: '<epub
                        title> by <author>' for each epub.
  -a AUTHOR, --author=AUTHOR
                        Use AUTHOR as a metadata author, multiple authors may
                        be given, Default: <All authors from epubs>
  -g TAG, --tag=TAG     Include TAG as dc:subject tag, multiple tags may be
                        given, Default: None
  -l LANG, --language=LANG
                        Include LANG as dc:language tag, multiple languages
                        may be given, Default: en
  -n, --no-titles-in-toc
                        Default is to put an entry in the TOC for each epub,
                        nesting each epub's chapters under it.
  -f, --flatten-toc     Flatten TOC down to one level only.
  -c COVER, --cover=COVER
                        Path to a jpg to use as cover image.
  -k, --keep-meta       Keep original metadata files in merged epub.  Use for
                        UnMerging.
  -s URL, --source=URL  Include URL as dc:source and
                        dc:identifier(opf:scheme=URL).
  -u, --unmerge         UnMerge an existing epub that was created by merging
                        with --keep-meta.
  -D OUTPUTDIR, --outputdir=OUTPUTDIR
                        Set output directory for unmerge, Default: (current
                        dir)

Last edited by JimmXinu; 03-15-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #78
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.3.3 - 16 Mar 2012

Move CLI main import into cli_main. Caused problems for some users on install (in EpubSplit, which is very similar). I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but this should fix it.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #79
Cristofer
Cristofer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help! IndexError: list index out of range

Dear Jimmy,

thanks for your great plugin, I have been using it in the past but now I always get the below error message:

calibre, version 0.9.31
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 82, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 91, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 546, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 182, in do_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 445, in doMerge
IndexError: list index out of range

I am using a MAC 10.6.8 and the latest Calibre version 0.9.31 and your latest Epub Merge plugin 1.3.3

Please help!

Thank you, Cris
Cristofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #80
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Cristofer - Since you also opened a ticket, I'll address this issue there.
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #81
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Excellent plugin works quick and easy! My only question is how can I put it in a different location I don't want it in the top toolbar?
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #82
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Preferences (on calibre main toolbar) -> Toolbar (under Interface, top row) -> "The main toolbar" (one of the selections under "choose menu or toolbar to customize").

That's basic calibre configuration--nothing to do specifically with any particular plugin.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #83
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
only problem is that you can end up with copy right info in the middle of your book / story any simple way to bypass those pages?
KayLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #84
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

EpubMerge combines whole books, so no.

My EpubSplit plugin can be used to 'split out' just the sections you want, leaving behind those sections. Assuming they are isolated as their own files or ToC entries

Or you could use a different epub editing tool such as calibre's Tweak Book.

(I'd recommend Sigil, but it doesn't handle EpubMerge's output well. This is a known issue with Sigil.)
Old 06-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #85
Wheat1328
Wheat1328 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
I'm an idiot apparently and have no idea how to get this to work. I've installed the plug in no problem but now I have no idea what to do to combine 3 books into one. Any help? Thanks
Wheat1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #86
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Select the three books in your library and invoke the plugin by clicking it. Where it is depends on where you had calibre put it when you installed the plugin. Main toolbar is typical.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #87
Wheat1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Select the three books in your library and invoke the plugin by clicking it. Where it is depends on where you had calibre put it when you installed the plugin. Main toolbar is typical.
Thanks for the quick reply but I'm not seeing any button anywhere. I can 'merge books records' under the 'edit metadata' but I've clicked that and if that's what I'm looking for I don't know how to work it
Old 06-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #88
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Wheat1328 - No, that's a calibre feature that works differently.

You choose (or chose) where the plugin appears.

From the Introduction to plugins post:
Quote:
You may then be asked which toolbars/menus you would like the plugin to appear on if it is designed to have a user interface. Take care to put it on all you require, remember that there are different toolbars and menus for while your device is connected. You can always change your mind later using Preferences->Toolbar to change your selections.
See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	107004  
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #89
Wheat1328

Got it! Thank you!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #90
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Had an idea... Well, two, in fact. First, for the "Custom Columns" section, maybe have an "Average from all books". The reason I suggest this is because I put series together and they have reading level, ease of reading stuff... from the "Count Pages" plugin. It might be nice to be able to tell it, "Just do a basic average of those numbers."

The other thing that I thought was that when I merge something, I want to be able to find it easily. I'd like it to add a tag to the merged book's metadata. If it's not too much work. If it is, I'll just do it manually.
thecookiemommma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs