Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop View Post
Is it possible to install FBReader on the Iliad's internal memory, in my attempts so far it seems to do really weird stuff when you restart the Iliad after installing it.. I've had to reflash.. but for the sake of battery life I would like to have it on the internal memory..
You'll have to move libX11 from _local/lib to _local/private/lib and also modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH in start.sh in the programs directory.

"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/private/lib" should work.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 AM   #17
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You'll have to move libX11 from _local/lib to _local/private/lib and also modify LD_LIBRARY_PATH in start.sh in the programs directory.

"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/private/lib" should work.
Adam,

is that quoted change the only thing, or will I need to do that as well as move libX11 after the installer has run?

thanks
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #18
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by realityloop View Post
Adam,

is that quoted change the only thing, or will I need to do that as well as move libX11 after the installer has run?

thanks
You will need to move libX11 as well.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
chmreader
chmreader began at the beginning.

Device: 6700
Chm compatibility

I am new on this forum. I want an eBook reader specifically for my Chm files. Will FBReader support Chm fully on iLiad? I mean will I be able to view the Chm tree structure and open and collapse the chm tree as on a pc? Can I use the Chm search function to search in the chm file? My chm file is 200 Mb is size. Also is the chm tree pane and the right page pane visible at the same time as on a pc? Or it has be toggled? Please help and reply to these questions so that I can decide. Thanks.
chmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #20
chmreader
chmreader began at the beginning.

Device: 6700
I downloaded FBReader on XP. It opens other chm files which are around 15 to 20 MB in size but it when I try to open my 200 MB Chm file, the screen goes blank and it does nothing. Can anyone kindly help? Does FBReader support big files of 200 Mb size on the PC and on iLiad?
chmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #21
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
FBReader currently reads the entire file into memory during initialization of a new e-book. I don't know how much space this requires, but it is certainly more than the original file size.

On a Desktop machine (Linux or Windows), it should be possible to configure enough virtual memory to import any reasonably sized file with FBReader. Although there may be a 32-bit file/memory limit (typically 1 GB or more). However, I don't know how to increase the swap space under Windows. If you can send the file to the developers, they may be able to help. Try posting to the FBReader Google Group (even if you can't supply the CHM file). It is also possible that FBReader is working as it should but importing a 200 MB file takes a long time even on a fast desktop. So I suggest leaving it for ~10 minutes to see if it eventually comes up.

On the iLiad, memory is very limited. On the Nokia 770 (and N800), it is possible to add swap space on a MMC card, but I have not heard of anything similar for the iLiad. I did hang the iLiad on a 4 MB CHM file with FBReader - the same file loaded fine on a Windows XP Desktop. I was able to read both a 4 MB and a 7 MB CHM file on a Nokia 770, although the 7 MB file took more than 5 minutes to import.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:41 AM   #22
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
FBReader registry is not working for firmware 2.12. It keeps saying "Installed. Please restart." WHat to do?
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #23
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
hi,
does it works on FBReader 0.10.7 ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48333
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote