Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and the million dollar question : IS IT BACKLIT ????
See what she did there?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
See what she did there?

BOb
thanks for the help bob, it was soooo subtle it will probably go right over everybody's head.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks for the help bob, it was soooo subtle it will probably go right over everybody's head.
That's what she said!

BOb
Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #19
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I think it would attract too much attention. I already get people asking questions when I use the Reader in public. It would be far too much trouble to cart a semi-naked man about. Even more trouble than paper books.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:58 PM   #20
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I think it would attract too much attention. I already get people asking questions when I use the Reader in public. It would be far too much trouble to cart a semi-naked man about. Even more trouble than paper books.
And it would be somewhat worse in cold weather, couldn't read it (or risk losing your reader).
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Timex already made the first step:

This watch is uniquely designed in such a manner that it can mould as one of your nails.
Yes that’s right! Forget wearing watches on your wrist from now on as this watch snugly fits on your nail. Don’t mistake this watch to be a mere nail art as it not only displays the time but also lights up in the dark, making it easy to read time in the night. Press the end of your thumbnail, and the watch will light up for you. Timex in collaboration with Core77 brings in this out of the box design idea.

http://www.techshout.com/gadgets/200...of-the-future/

Nails, Skin, what will be the next?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #22
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Cool stuff.. But did they have to make the video that???

Quote:
and the million dollar question : IS IT BACKLIT ???? (get it ? "back"lit ? ar ar ar...)
Aie... where did you think that overwhelming groan came from?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:59 AM   #23
Wis
Weasel
Wis began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
What every man in the World has ever dreamed of...
his girl double as a widescreen.
reading the morning news while making love.

And the new biggest screen ever ... the nudist beach. I have to call guinnes world records.

This has so much potential.
Wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #25
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post

This watch is uniquely designed in such a manner that it can mould as one of your nails.
Yes that’s right! Forget wearing watches on your wrist from now on as this watch snugly fits on your nail. Don’t mistake this watch to be a mere nail art as it not only displays the time but also lights up in the dark, making it easy to read time in the night. Press the end of your thumbnail, and the watch will light up for you. Timex in collaboration with Core77 brings in this out of the box design idea.

Wouldn't you have to be careful not to "clip" seconds off your life?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes that’s right! Forget wearing watches on your wrist from now on as this watch snugly fits on your nail.
Now that is nice. I would get one. I can't wear a watch on my wrist. It always gives me a heat rash, no matter the type of band. When will they be available?

BOb
Old 01-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #27
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Always a true statement.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #28
PGP_Protector
Enthusiast
PGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litterPGP_Protector doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:

Eyes.

(To late )

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01..._contact_lens/
PGP_Protector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:53 PM   #29
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Now that is nice. I would get one. I can't wear a watch on my wrist. It always gives me a heat rash, no matter the type of band. When will they be available?

BOb
...Timex hasn’t spoken a word on its price or availability as yet, so let’s wait and watch for the price of this tiny new nail watch.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnbear View Post
... imagine a watch or instant data or whatever embedded into your skin. Tell me where to go to get it and I am gone today.
Let me know and I'll go with you. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing better than a functioning watch tattoo would be an implanted chip that received the atomic clock signals.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote