Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
kceb10
kceb10 doesn't litterkceb10 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900
Dragon keeper by Robin Hobb

free in the sony ebook store
kceb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Fantastic! I was waiting for this - after seeing it free on Amazon for Kindle, I knew it wouldn't be long before Sony offered it. Thanks for the tip!
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
thanks!

Thank you for sharing! I have been wanting to read that book but been to cheap to buy it.

I noticed that when I looked it up in the Sony store it first shows up on the list at its regular price but if you search for "Hobb" and go to the second page you can find the free version.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I bought it when it came out in hardcover (Robin Hobb is one of my favorite authors and I buy all her books in hardcover) and am waiting for the next volume to come out next month. If you are a RH fan, I think you will be a bit disappointed. The story and writing are OK, just not great. Certainly not up to the same level as her prior books. All the same, you certainly can't go wrong for free.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Thanks for posting this
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thank you also!
rguion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
lib2b
lib2b began at the beginning.

Device: nook
This is also free in the Barnes and Noble e-book store now.
lib2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Non-US residents need not bother to go look at the Sony store. It's geo-restricted.

<sigh>
Croptop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
(deleted)
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Looking forward to getting it when I get home - to my personal computer, as I'm generally unable to get these things through our firewall.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Does anyone know if I need to have read the Liveship Trader trilogy before reading Dragon Keeper?
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #12
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
Does anyone know if I need to have read the Liveship Trader trilogy before reading Dragon Keeper?
Based off the summary I think you'd have a better understanding of what is happening if you've read the Liveship Trader trilogy. The trilogy is actually one of my favorites by Robin Hobb so it's not exactly a hardship. Plus I'm not sure if there is a rush since the new trilogy is only at book 2 at the moment and it'll be another year or two before the third is released...

It may be worth it to take the time to read the Liveship Traders if nothing else it'll help you avoid spoilers for the trilogy.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiren View Post
No, you do not have to have read the Liveship Trader trilogy first. However, each book in the Liveship Trader trilogy is much better than Dragon Keeper.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Plus I'm not sure if there is a rush since the new trilogy is only at book 2 at the moment and it'll be another year or two before the third is released...
Book 2 won't be released for a couple of more weeks. However, it is being released within 6 months of book 1, so there is hope that book 3 won't be too far off.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks you, im in
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote