Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #31
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Did anyone see this post from Engadget today?

Enso's zePad is vaporware:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/09/e...ile-they-last/

BOb
Ah, geez, that's too much. I put in for a refund. Even if they somehow deliver units in a month I really have a problem with the ethics of selling something that doesn't yet exist, without telling the customer that. :P

Thank you, pilotbob, for the heads up.

Last edited by Dellaster; 04-09-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added thanks to pilotbob
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
DAMN IT! I was so hoping this was going to finally pan out. I read it this morning too. On my way to paypal now... /grumble
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #33
saltek
saltek began at the beginning.

Device: Enso ZenPad
Okay, so I'd rather not take the chance of wasting $205.00. (For that matter, it could essentially reduce the cost of a iPad to $294.00, vs. losing the money completely and actually buying the cheapest @ $499.00) So, I opened up a refund request in PayPal, and when I clicked to proceed, it immediately indicated:

"Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

PayPal will review the transaction details and may contact you for additional information. We will make every effort to resolve this claim within 30 days.

PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We'll make every effort to reach a decision within 30 days.

If this claim is decided in your favor, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can"

So, they have my cash taken from checking account via PPal. I suspect it should turn out okay. When it asked why I "escalated" the claim, (which, of course, I was given no choice,) I chose the "reason to believe is fraudulent," because that's what I now believe.

Thanks for the engadget heads up. If they end up shipping some day, then I'll get one on eBay or get something else.

Good luck all,
Steve

PS The funny thing is I NEVER, EVER do what I did here with the so-called ZPad. I actually did it on the strength of the engadget article in the FIRST place!!
First and LAST time.

Last edited by saltek; 04-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
saltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #34
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I emailed Enso directly asking for a refund based on the email below. Then I have ammunition if I have to get Paypal involved. I'll go to Paypal if I don't get a response by early next week.

On Apr 8, 2010, at 10:59 AM, "Customer Care" <info@enso-now.com> wrote:
As stated in our blog post, your order will be shipped on May 08. We understand that we already pushed your patience and if you wish for a refund, let us know and we will proceed promptly.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #35
saltek

Katelyn, the more simple it seems, the more confusing it is.
I can't get a refund because of his limited PayPal account when I ordered. Now, I'm wondering if I should contact him, as you did, and keep my PPal dispute in force, or contact him for a refund and then rescind the dispute!?!?...The more you read, the more difficult it becomes. This story would make an interesting eBook to read on some sort of tablet.

Funny, I bought a Clarionmind and considering processor, gorgeous screen and expansion, etc. it has the makings of an interesting touch screen Linux or Android device. Maybe I'll jst investigate hacking it and be done with this all.
Later
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #36
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
On Apr 8, 2010, at 10:59 AM, "Customer Care" <info@enso-now.com> wrote:
As stated in our blog post, your order will be shipped on May 08. We understand that we already pushed your patience and if you wish for a refund, let us know and we will proceed promptly.
What I don't understand is if PayPal froze their account how are they going to make refunds?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #37
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Oh well unfortunately it looks like my guesswork was correct assuming engadget has their act together this time...I see no reason for the company Enso was supposed to be buying from to lie though...Try to get your refunds fast guys and girls...
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #38
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
Try to get your refunds fast guys and girls...
If it's really as bad as it now looks, nobody is getting a refund. I'm in the process of resigning myself to the loss.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #39
saltek

Well, let's put it this way, if they really have run into problems, and they're operating in good faith as they attest, (they still claim they will refund or ship the product,) then that would be great. However, I, as you, believe it's not happening. So, I have already resigned myself to the possibility (fact?) that I have lost $205.00. If in a month or 2 I have a ZenPad or a $294.00 iPad, then that would be a pleasant surprise!

Once again, good luck to us all.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:57 AM   #40
ripxrip
ripxrip began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well shitake! I guess it's one of those "if it seems too good to be true it probably is" deals. I really wanted the zenpad to be my next e-reader.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now....and insanely hold out hope that by the end of the month I read about a zenpad arriving and being reviewed.

Enso's latest blog post promises to get Engadget.com a review unit within 15 days.
http://www.enso-now.com/blog/engadget2/
ripxrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #41
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well.. engadget is reporting that they are actually shipping these things.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/27/e...%28Engadget%29

BOb
Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #42
Katelyn
Addict

Quote:
Well.. engadget is reporting that they are actually shipping these things.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/27/e...%28Engadget%29

BOb
I emailed them today and got a very quick response saying my zenpad will ship in May 8th. They also appear to have no idea what Engadget is talking about when they say in the article "...30 scheduled to ship on May 8th...".

I'll know in 9 days, 21 hours and 28 minutes!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #43
Katelyn
Addict

Am I the only one who decided to hang tight and see if my zenpad ships?

Countdown: 1 day 18 hours 21 minutes 41 seconds...
Old 05-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #44
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
Am I the only one who decided to hang tight and see if my zenpad ships?

Countdown: 1 day 18 hours 21 minutes 41 seconds...
No, I'm hanging tight to see if your zenPad ships too.

BOb
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #45
Katelyn
Addict

Quote:
No, I'm hanging tight to see if your zenPad ships too.

BOb
I guess I did word that rather awkwardly, didn't I. I meant ... and see if the zenpad ships?

And it's now countdown: 1 day 12 hours 59 minutes 11 seconds.