Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Need new forums for new Sony Readers

We need new forum categories for the new Sony Readers. It doesn't make sense to keep posting in the PRS-700 or PRS-505 forums when the thread pertains to one of the three new Readers.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Some sort of reorganization of the Sony fora would make sense - the PRS 300 is more like the 505 than either is like the 500 - and the 600 is similar to the 700.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
We need new forum categories for the new Sony Readers. It doesn't make sense to keep posting in the PRS-700 or PRS-505 forums when the thread pertains to one of the three new Readers.

Thanks!
Ahh but people just post anything to do with these readers to the News and Commentary section and because they're threads about Sony readers they're allowed to stay there and don't get moved to one of the Sony forums even though there's nothing newsworthy about the posts.

No offence but I don't see how a thread about somebody receiving their Reader is newsworthy... Just my 2p worth
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Some sort of reorganization of the Sony fora would make sense - the PRS 300 is more like the 505 than either is like the 500 - and the 600 is similar to the 700.
Interesting way to look at it. So make the 500 alone, combine the 300/505 and also the 600/700. That would actually work pretty well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I would like to suggest a common "Sony Reader" forum, with subforums for "Troubleshooting", "Content", "Development" etc, and add prefixes.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Yeah, I'd combine all sony stuff, and just have specific subforums. while the 300 is similar to a 505, hacks for the 505 won't work on a 300, so just lumping them together won't work.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
Ahh but people just post anything to do with these readers to the News and Commentary section and because they're threads about Sony readers they're allowed to stay there and don't get moved to one of the Sony forums even though there's nothing newsworthy about the posts.
If you feel a thread has been started in the wrong section please report it. The moderators are not Omnipotent. There is alot of traffic on MR and we rely on help from the members to help us out.

That said, just because you feel a thread doesn't belong in a certain forum doesn't mean it will be moved.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you feel a thread has been started in the wrong section please report it. The moderators are not Omnipotent. There is alot of traffic on MR and we rely on help from the members to help us out.

That said, just because you feel a thread doesn't belong in a certain forum doesn't mean it will be moved.

BOb
Don't get me wrong I think the moderators do a hard thankless job and for the major part do a very good job at that. While I meant my comment as mainly tongue in cheek I realise that with all the accusations of moderator bias that have been flying around they might not have been taken that way.

I do still believe that threads about getting $100 dollars off a sony reader or threads about seeing a prs505 in the shops shouldn't really be in the news section but that's just my opinion.

I read all the sections of MR to see if there's anything interesting or new but I know a lot of people don't and as the Sony Readers are new devices then maybe they do deserve to be in the News section (I personally don't think so but I don't run the place so it's not up to me).

Just my 2p worth
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:37 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please remember that it's not just "News", but "News and Commentary".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55340
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please remember that it's not just "News", but "News and Commentary".
And I've always thought that the commentary part of news and commentary should go away and leave it to just be News.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote