Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Mobile Phone (cellphone) contract (3 UK)

Just had a long discussion with the Banglore-based customer service agent at 3 UK. They sent me a phone last Thursday as an upgrade to my 6 year old contract with the assurance that I could return it within 14 working days and cancel the account. Now they are saying that since I changed date and time on this new phone, I 'personalized' it and they can not take it back and my contract can not be cancelled. I went 'whoa', some personalisation indeed! What a bunch of crooks. I told him that I would be discussing it on the internet and he wasn't fazed. What cheek! Well the message is loud is clear: avoid 3 like plague, don't go near them. They are not honest. I pull the battery out now and there will be no 'personalisation' left. But he wouldn't send me the returns envelope. Should I go to the Office of Fair Trade? They have literally forced this 18 month contract down my throat. I don't want it, I've gone to O2. Give me my PUK code and be done with it. Just because I changed the date and time on the new set, they would not send me the returns envelope with cancellation papers. What a bunch of idiots. Why do I have to share the planet with crooks like these, breathe the same air, drink same water?
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Have you tried going into a 3 store? I have always found the staff in their very helpful, although I avoid phoning them wherever possible!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I dunno about cell phone companies outside the US, but over here, their practices earn them a special hole in the septic tank of heck, right next to florists and funeral directors. It seems like all we had to do was drive past the store and they increased the length of the contract!

It got so bad with our last carrier that when the contract ran out, we cancelled and have been using a prepaid phone ever since. It is a bit more expensive per minute, but well worth the cost due to having no customer service relationship with them. No internet, no apps, no music - it does nothing except make very clear calls from anywhere, never loses service. It even gets service from my brother-in-law's house down in the darkest woods of west-central Ala where cell coverage is usually non-existant.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote