Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
smash0190
smash0190 began at the beginning.

Device: prs700
Post Automatic Sony Reader Sync Script for Mac and Mekentosj Papers Sync

Hi,
I am posting a script (for experts only) that I use on the Mac to automatically sync the Sony reader on plugin with the sd card slot. On plugin the following actions are performed:

1. Update all the pdfs with meta data from Papers (http://mekentosj.com/papers/).
2. rsync the papers folder with the sony reader
3. rsync an ebook folder with the sony reader
4. eject the drives mounted by the reader.

(The one action that is missing is to automatically update the xml file so the update on the reader would be faster after unplugging)

This script is not user friendly and only for people who know a little bit about programming and Mac.

You need to have pdftk installed to update the meta data in the pdfs.

To install do the following:
1. Download the script updatepdfmetadata.pl
2. Copy the script to ~/.bin
3. Change the variables in the file updatepdfmetadata.pl to match your paths and executables.
4. Make the script executable chmod +x ~/.bin/updatepdfmetadata.pl
5. Copy the script com.basti.autoreadersync to ~/Library/LaunchAgents
6. Register the script with launchctl load com.basti.autoreadersync

Then test if the script works by manually starting it. If this works you should try to launch it only plugin.

This script is provided as a help for people who also might want to automatically sync their reader with a folder and also use Papers to manage their pdfs.

Basti
Attached Files
File Type: gz autoreadersync.tar.gz (3.2 KB, 527 views)

Last edited by smash0190; 03-12-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Updated typo in script.
smash0190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Cool. I've never heard of this program. I use a program called "EndNote" which is a citation reference manager that I also use to store my PDFs.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert