Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
freemarj
freemarj began at the beginning.

Device: Rocket ebook
Can't Install eBook Librarian software

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and have tried to install the librarian software numerous times. I have followed the recommended work around of installing on the root of C: with no success. The only thing that gets installed is the PDF user manual. I have the old rocket reader software which installs fine but I have no serial ports on the new computer so no way to connect the ebook. Please assist if possible.
freemarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
umm

I am running vista and I was able to install in the c: directory without any problems. Not sure what the problem could be.

Hopefully someone else has an idea for you!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
dmcgrath
dmcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Vista Compatibility Mode

Before running the installation for the elibrarian.exe file (or whatever the exact name is), you must right click on the file, choose "Properties" and then the "Compatibility" tab. Select compatibility mode for Windows XP. Then OK out of there and run it. Viola! it will install what you need when you run it.
dmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote