Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #1561
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
Would it be possible to patch together and have some minimal functions working without getting co-op from them?
I don't think so.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #1562
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
GRiker - Gotcha! But, since that thread was closed I'll share some thoughts here.

I will connect with GoodReader folks as such. But, in the meantime assuming until they find the time or feel like doing it.

What could I do on my own as a community member to build some kind of add-on to your framework for GoodReader?

Would it be possible to patch together and have some minimal functions working without getting co-op from them?
If you want minimal functionality, you can drag PDFs from calibre to GoodReader's File Sharing in iTunes, or use GoodReader's WiFi features to add books.

The full range of file management features made available by the driver is only possible if the app adds support for the protocol.

If the developers are interested in supporting the protocol, have them contact me.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 06-16-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #1563
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
It is being developed right now. There are no problems whatsoever (it's actually coming along quite splendidly). Many changes in the new iPad version are prerequisites for iPhone.
Ahhh, thats good to know. Thanks
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #1564
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I do not remember a promise of "Read Soon Now". The promise if you search for it you will find that it is before September. Still a future event I believe.

Dale
Perhaps I need to develop a little more accuracy in my posts. I *know* its not Real Soon Now... that why I capitalised. Perhaps I should have added a ;-). Its just an expression, Dale. Kris has now explained why it hasn't yet arrived, for which I thank him.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #1565
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
If you want minimal functionality, you can drag PDFs from calibre to GoodReader's File Sharing in iTunes, or use GoodReader's WiFi features to add books.

The full range of file management features made available by the driver is only possible if the app adds support for the protocol.

If the developers are interested in supporting the protocol, have them contact me.

G
I dropped GoodReader guys an email with a link to this thread/ certain posts.

Let's see if they bite.
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #1566
Lodewijk
Lodewijk began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
@ kguil,
Excuses for my late response.
Thank You for your reaction and I will waite for the Calibre driver for Marvin and the new release of Marvin.
I am looking forward to it and will give You my experiences after installing and testing.
Greetings,
Lodewijk
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1567
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem. I'm sure you'll like it.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1568
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I dropped GoodReader guys an email with a link to this thread/ certain posts.

Let's see if they bite.
I decided to build a proof-of-concept sample driver using GoodReader as the target application. It will be included in the initial release of the driver as described here. It is a very basic implementation.

G
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #1569
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I decided to build a proof-of-concept sample driver using GoodReader as the target application. It will be included in the initial release of the driver as described here. It is a very basic implementation.

G
Brilliant! We should have a few more people write to them and bug them to support this

What say people? All those who are stuck with PDFs in some way.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #1570
GRiker

The calibre driver supporting Marvin and GoodReader is now available for download.

G
Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #1571
kguil
Addict

Marvin 1.7 is available now. Changes here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/52305403042

calibre driver tutorial here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/53438723356
Old 06-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #1572
andy88
Enthusiast
andy88 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Driver problem

Hi Kris,

I have completed all steps shown here : http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/53438...-native-driver

but, I can't connect my iPad to Calibre.

My iPad shows the message -
"Calibre Connector (Waiting for Calibre) with the Disconnect button" and doesn't connect to Calibre at all.

I use Mac OSX with iTunes installed and have updated Calibre to 0.9.35 too. I couldn't solve the problem and don't know what went wrong.

Please help.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #1573
kguil
Addict

@andy88. Try this sequence: close the calibre popup in Marvin, close calibre, disconnect USB cable, reconnect cable, reopen calibre and then open the calibre connector in Marvin?

Also, could you post support questions about the driver here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215624
Old 06-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #1574
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy88 View Post
Hi Kris,

I have completed all steps shown here : http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/53438...-native-driver

but, I can't connect my iPad to Calibre.

My iPad shows the message -
"Calibre Connector (Waiting for Calibre) with the Disconnect button" and doesn't connect to Calibre at all.

I use Mac OSX with iTunes installed and have updated Calibre to 0.9.35 too. I couldn't solve the problem and don't know what went wrong.

Please help.
*Is 'Marvin' selected in the Preferred iOS reader application combo box in the configuration dialog?

*Is your iPad shown as a connected device in iTunes?

*Do you have 'Sync with this iPad over Wi-Fi' enabled in iTunes? If so, try turning it off

As Kris noted, please post followups in the Calibre Plugins forum.

G
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #1575
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Marvin 1.7 is available now. Changes here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/52305403042

calibre driver tutorial here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/53438723356
Closed Thread