Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
If I take my kindle fire for ereading the battery will die before I get through my day and return home.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
If I take my kindle fire for ereading the battery will die before I get through my day and return home.
I just got an email saying mine is expected to deliver on 11/08 or 11/09. The original date they gave was 11/29-12/10.

I canceled two previous orders. I decided finally to give it a try, hoping that maybe they figured out the problem. We'll see.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
dedgod
Enthusiast
dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.dedgod is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kindle PW2
My delivery was moved up too.

Mine was moved up from the middle of December to Nov 13-16. It seemed fishy so I'm cancelling the order. I had hoped to see reports of improved quality before getting mine shipped.
dedgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedgod View Post
Mine was moved up from the middle of December to Nov 13-16. It seemed fishy so I'm cancelling the order. I had hoped to see reports of improved quality before getting mine shipped.
I'm very pleased indeed with the quality of the screen on my PW. No trace of any colour fringing on the screen - just the small shadow cones at the bottom of the screen that are inherent in this type of lighting system.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
My shipping date has been moved from Dec 6-13 to Dec 10-17. It's a Christmas gift for someone - I just hope the date doesn't get shifted further back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm very pleased indeed with the quality of the screen on my PW. No trace of any colour fringing on the screen - just the small shadow cones at the bottom of the screen that are inherent in this type of lighting system.
I was wondering what you thought of your PW and I'm glad you got a "good" one
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #21
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
If the screen is really bad, I'll send it back. But, I've already decided that certain things won't torment me, like the light cones at the bottom. My nook Glo has those too and they don't bother me.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #22
iPodZombie
Chronic Tinkerer
iPodZombie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
dedgod, mind if I ask when you ordered yours? I'm about to take the plunge and I'm already antsy about when mine will show up.
iPodZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #23
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Amazon has now announced that the shipping has moved to the 22 of December. If you want one anytime soon, it pays to look in local stores. I was able to find one at Staples.
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
Michele
Addict
Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci View Post
Amazon has now announced that the shipping has moved to the 22 of December. If you want one anytime soon, it pays to look in local stores. I was able to find one at Staples.
Good tip. I checked and my local Staples has them in stock, which is tempting, but.. I think I'm going to wait a few months in case they correct the manufacturing problem.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
No Staples here. There is one about 1 and 30 minutes I think in Boone, NC. Best Buy is my only option.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #26
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I ordered another one for friend about 1. November, and arrival date was moved from December 12 -December 22 to November 14 -November 19.
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #27
Lulabelle1
Lulabelle1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I ordered mine on November 6th and it had a ship date of Dec 19th. I just got an email from amazon moving my shipment date to November 19th. Super excited!!!
Lulabelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote