Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #2311
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm a third of the way through the audio book, the second in the Dresden series, and enjoying it thoroughly! It's a great companion on long, long walks!

Stitchawl
Welcome to the thread! I'm glad you're enjoying Fool Moon. I've always loved werewolves and Jim did an excellent job with these ones.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #2312
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Now, in addition to the PDF there's a MOBI and an EPUB available for free download!

Awesome!!! Thanks Alan! Can someone please give Alan some Karma for me? It won't let me .
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #2313
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Awesome!!! Thanks Alan! Can someone please give Alan some Karma for me? It won't let me .
I would but it won't let me either.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #2314
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I would but it won't let me either.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #2315
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:

Awwwww
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #2316
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You're welcome...and much appreciated.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #2317
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Done. I owe him some, anyway. I just finished Storm Front based on Alan's recommendation of the series and liked it enough to start Fool Moon.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #2318
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Days to the release of Skin Game:

102 DAYS!!!

It's getting really close...I'm so excited
Wheeeeeeeeeeee!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2319
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
James Potter and the Morrigan Web is 8.7 MB as an EPUB, a whopping 20.8 MB as a MOBI.

I spent some time tinkering with it in calibre -- the images at the beginning of each chapter are from 200 to 850 KB taking up the vast majority of the space.

I have been using GIMP to shrink the size and dropping each one down to normal size -- and subsetting the fonts with calibre Polish ebook.

When I'm done if anyone wants I'll share my copy -- although I am sure Mr. Lippert is getting to this himself, someday

(I've also corrected numerous formatting errors in the first book and have a kindle-made list of the books-2-&-3 errors. Book 4 to come once I read it.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #2320
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date:
102 DAYS!
And Chosen will be out in
4 DAYS!
Edit: Apparently someone got there first, and I didn't even notice!!! GrrrRRRRR!!

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-23-2013 at 05:19 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2321
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool a pause...

Quote:
Re-reading Small Favor was a treat! Now onto Turn Coat!
WWWI absolutely loved the re-read of Turn Coat! I'd planned to go on to the end of the series with the last three books, but this point is a good place to pause and the arrival of James Potter and the Morrigan Web is an omen of good fortune. So for now a pause to be first filled with the new Lippert book!

WWWOh, since George delivered it sans cover I cobbled one together and attached it to this post for anybody who wants to use it. Mouse-click it for a full-size view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	potter4cover.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	109881 Click image for larger version

Name:	potter4cover1.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	110096

P.S. [edit add] After resizing all the internal graphics, adding the cover and repairing an oops in the prologue I was able to reduce the size of the resulting ePub to 1.7 megs and the Mobi to 1.5 megs!

P.S.S. [edit add 2] Added a slightly different version of the cover.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-28-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: add info...
Old 08-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #2322
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Molly's choices as shown in Harry's soulgaze

Quote:
For a second, I thought nothing had happened. And then I realized that the soulgaze was already up and running, and that it showed me Molly, standing and facing me as nothing more than she seemed to be. But I could see down the hall behind her, and the church’s windows held half a dozen different reflections.

One was an emaciated version of Molly, as though she’d been starved or strung out on hard drugs, her eyes aglow with an unpleasant, fey light.

Quote:
One was her smiling and laughing, older and comfortably heavier, children surrounding her. A third faced me in a grey Warden’s cloak, though a burn scar, almost a brand, marred the roundness of her left cheek.

Quote:
Still another reflection was Molly as she appeared now, though more secure, laughter dancing in her eyes. Another reflection showed her at a desk, working.

But the last…

Quote:
The last reflection of Molly wasn’t the girl. Oh, it looked like Molly, externally. But the eyes gave it away. They were flat as a reptile’s, empty. She wore all black, including a black collar, and her hair had been dyed to match. Though she looked like Molly, like a human being, she was neither. She had become something else entirely, something very, very bad.

Possibilities. I was looking at possibilities.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-25-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: oops...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #2323
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Where is Everybody!!!!

Old 08-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #2324
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer

Too busy reading The Dresden Files?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #2325
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I'm here, lurking in the shadows...
Mwa ha ha ha. And so on.
Hi everybody!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy