Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #5821
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Here's another number sequence, with no arithmetic necessary!

1, 4, 2, 3, 2, 8, 3, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5....

What are the next three numbers?

Last edited by issybird; 02-28-2012 at 07:03 PM.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #5822
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Er ... 4, 7, 1?

Hang on: those numbers have changed from the ones I wrote down initially. So I don't expect that answer is right. I think we crossed in the mail, issy!

I'm still trying to work it out ...

Last edited by Bookpossum; 02-29-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #5823
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Er ... 4, 7, 1?

Hang on: those numbers have changed from the ones I wrote down initially. So I don't expect that answer is right. I think we crossed in the mail, issy!

I'm still trying to work it out ...
Ack! I'm sorry. I was trying to make it fairer. Remember, no arithmetic at all.

Hint: some of the punctuation is obfuscatory
Old 02-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #5824
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I thought they might translate into dates in some manner, but I can't make it into a sequence.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #5825
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

There's a discernible pattern to the numbers which should reveal the general idea, if not the specific sequence.
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #5826
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Umm... ...6, 6, 1 ?

(although I suspect I'm wrong, as this sequence involve arithmetic.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #5827
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm... ...6, 6, 1 ?

(although I suspect I'm wrong, as this sequence involve arithmetic.)
No arithmetic at all, although the concept of less than/greater than is useful.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #5828
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I'm totally stumped I'm afraid
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #5829
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
:
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #5830
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Lose alternate commas and see if you can figure out the underlying logic. I admit that local (hint) knowledge would help with this specific instance.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #5831
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Here's another number sequence, with no arithmetic necessary!

1, 4, 2, 3, 2, 8, 3, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1, 5....

What are the next three numbers?
6, 6, 1, 7, 0, 7, 9 ?????
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #5832
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
666 but only because he's responsible for ALL numbers!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #5833
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
666 but only because he's responsible for ALL numbers!

Stitchawl
Why can't 888 be the one responsible for ALL numbers? He is much more socially acceptable. (even by athiests)
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #5834
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I was hoping the numbers would stand for letters, as it isn't arithmetic, but I can't make anything out of it:

A D B C B H C C D B E A E . . .

Pairing them (losing the alternate commas) starts off all right with recognisable abbreviations:

AD BC BH CC DB EA E. ..

but then I fall over with BH and DB ...

My head hurts!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #5835
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

They're just numbers.

14, 23, 28, 33, 42, 51, 5...

Does seeing them like this help?