Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Question Updating thumbnail

Hello,

maybe a simple question, maybe not. I have imported to new books on my dr1000. They've had no picture-cover, when i did the import. I changed the cover within calibre, changed the files on the sd-card and deleted the metadata.db. But the old thumbnails are still there instead the new ones with picture-cover.

Is there a way to update only these two thumbnails without destroying the thumbnails of the rest of the sd-card, e.g. with deleting the global.db?

Best regards
ThR
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
It should not be that difficult ... with some programming knowledge.
I have not seen a small utility here that can easily change the thumbnails of a book. The closest thing I have seen is the lua based tools that Iņigo posted.
The icons.lua script can add thumbnails for shortcuts in the Programs-folder. Maybe it can be used as a basis for adding thumbnails to any file?
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It's the way you save update the file in Calibre. Once you edit the metadata, ie change the picture, you do need to make sure Calibre saves the changes. (It's not just the DR that has this problem)

What I do to makes sure is, edit the data in Calibre, save it close Calibre and re-open Calibre to make sure the new image is picked up, then, sync the book across to the reader.

This issue is discussed in the Calibre forum somewhere.

regards, Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #4
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Calibre was not the problem. But I found a way, to do it:

Changing the cover within calibre.
Deleting the files in the DR-File-System (with updating the global.db incl.)
Bringing back the files onto the SD-Card.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:34 AM   #5
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
The icons.lua script can add thumbnails for shortcuts in the Programs-folder. Maybe it can be used as a basis for adding thumbnails to any file?
That should be possible, if the cover is an extra file and not only within the epub. I will give it a try...
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
That should be possible, if the cover is an extra file and not only within the epub. I will give it a try...
Mackx is right... it's quite easy if you read the lua script.
The hard part is to get the cover image as .png file.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote