Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

iOS 9.3.5 update released as security measure

Apple has released iOS 9.3.5 as a security update due to a malware infection issue.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:30 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I updated my three devices (iPhone 6+, iPad Air, iPad Pro 9.7") since it sounded pretty serious. First time I do it that fast. No problem so far (since yesterday).
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

I updated my iPhone 6+ and iPad Mini 2, but have not yet updated my older iPhone 5 because it is a backup only in case the iPhone 6+ goes bad. I had just updated the iPhone 5 a few days before this new release, and it was a royal PITA as usual. I don't have a SIM card in it, and it won't update without one, even though the device is registered with Apple. I can operate the iPhone 5 without a SIM card, but updates won't finish, or rather the setup won't finish, once it restarts. That is just stupidity on Apple's part as it says the phone isn't registered when it is. I hate having to take my iPhone 6+ off line, turn it off, remove the Otterbox case, remove the SIM card, then place it in the iPhone 5 just to do an update.

ETA: Apparently Apple fixed the no SIM card issue with update. I just updated my iPhone 5 which does not have a SIM card installed and the update finished without issue this time.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-27-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I've updated a 6S+, a 6S and a ipad mini 4, all okay so far. I'm doing hubbys iPad Pro 9.7 tomorrow, when he's safely out for the day
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

I updated all three of my iThingies and no issues after a few days now. It looks like a safe and smart update to apply.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #6
Joe Bailey
Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Joe Bailey has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle
Glad to be bug free so far!
Joe Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
If any of my friends have the IPhone or IPad and they have issues with charging or if it just logs up or is slow do a hard reset. This should take care of it. There is a bug in the IOS 9,3,5 firmware.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote