Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #1351
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, I've done that in several months where there was a single book I wanted, and the rest were uninteresting. Or were ones I already had.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #1352
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I am happy to say that I have only bought 5 e-books so far this month . At least something good came of the harddrive crash.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #1353
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Well done, mikaelalind!

Either I'm cured or the deals lately have been crap. I've only bought 5 ebooks in the past 2 months, which is waaaaay down from my pace earlier in the year (~30 a month). I have splurged on quite a few audiobooks over the same period, so it's unlikely I'm cured. Maybe we'll get some better deals once the price fixing settlement goes through.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:13 AM   #1354
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I've only bought 5 ebooks in the past 2 months
Are you sure you're in the right thread?

Although I find that I only bought 4 books in June and July this year. A great achievement, rather spoiled by the 51 I've bought (so far!) in August.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #1355
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, but those 51 were all within the guidelines. And think of the chortles you'll have reading them. Or course, you haven't done your TBR much good, one must admit. But the price for those Heyers was just too good to pass up.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #1356
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Ah, but those 51 were all within the guidelines. And think of the chortles you'll have reading them. Or course, you haven't done your TBR much good, one must admit. But the price for those Heyers was just too good to pass up.
All true. I don't regret the purchase at all, unlike some of my books from mass buys in 2010 and 2011.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #1357
CRussel
(he/him/his)

BTW, and completely OT for this thread, I really like the mouse's new duds. I've been meaning to mention it, but since we're talking about Heyer and Regencies, they do seem almost on topic.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #1358
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Isn't he dashing! Though it might be hard to get the tricorne on without squashing his ears.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #1359
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
He is a sweet little squeaker, that is for certain. Generally, I like mice...

Makes me miss Phil, my little pet mouse... He was soo soft and little.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #1360
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm very pleased to say that I haven't bought any ebooks this month. (Just don't ask about last month!)
Old 09-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #1361
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
You're off to a good start!

I've bought some freebies and that's all!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #1362
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I bought the first of Dana Stabenow's Kate Shugak and Liam Campbell Series.
I have heard good things and decided to take the plunge. At $.99 each they are a good deal. I started with Kate Shugak and am loving it. Now I will have to buy the others.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #1363
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
0.99c is almost free...

Audible has been seeing much of my hard earned dollars... *sigh*
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #1364
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Even 0.99¢ is almost free, but is still not free. But I confess I haven't seen many non-free sub-1¢ books around.

Even at $0.99 the purchase should follow the rules. Only buy if new release of favourite author or series, or if it's on a very special offer.

If the usual price is $0.99, that's not a very special offer!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #1365
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I really fell off the wagon this month - and it's only the second! I bought two books of essays on genre fiction by John Lennard, because I love his work on the Bujold list and his A Civil Campaign Companion (it's free, and a must-read for Bujold fans). But the two books I purchased were $10 each - way more than I usually spend. Dear Husband encouraged me to do it, though, so maybe I can say it's all his fault.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote