Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
splinters
Enthusiast
splinters began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Ebook cropped on nook color

I have published 30 books through Lulu and they have sold well through itunes. They are now for sale through the Nook store.
I am able to view on the ipad and they look great. As they are picture books i embed the text into the pictures with images making the pages. I received an email from a friend who bought my latest book and it is cropped quite badly on his nook colour. The right hand side of each page is missing.
Lulu give no guidelines for formatting for Nook and i never questioned this as they work perfectly on ipad.
Any idea what is wrong here?
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You didn't take into account the fact that the iPad is higher resolution then what most people use to view eBooks.

That said, you need to make your ePub's resolution independent so it can be viewd on a cell phone on up to an iPad or bigger.

Basically, you need to use % values and not just take it for granted that the images will actually be the right size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
splinters
Enthusiast
splinters began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the reply but i have no idea how to do that. I set my books up based on the ibooks format. It was lulu who put these into the nook store and they did not ask for any specific formatting.
Sorry if i seem a bit lost, i am in the UK so dont have access to Nook although i downloaded the PC viewer and the books look fine on that.
splinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinters View Post
Thanks for the reply but i have no idea how to do that. I set my books up based on the ibooks format. It was lulu who put these into the nook store and they did not ask for any specific formatting.
Sorry if i seem a bit lost, i am in the UK so dont have access to Nook although i downloaded the PC viewer and the books look fine on that.
Please post a sample of the code along with the CSS code.

As for iBooks, please don't use it to test your eBooks. Use Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to test your eBooks. iBooks does things that sometimes do not work properly and things that should work properly don't always with iBooks. iBooks is not a good test bed for ePub. If you are making eBooks to be sold via Apple, do it only for iBooks and submit directly with Apple. Do not make one eBook for all platforms including iBooks. iBooks should be totally separate.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote