Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Dan Browns The Lost Symbol - Special Illustrated edition

saw this while shopping tonight. i alread own the original but downloaded this sample to check out the illustrations on the nook color.

WoW, this is pretty sweet and just justifies the purchase of the nook color even more.

so if you are looking for a book that really makes your nook color shine, this one at $3.99 is a pretty low risk price point to do it with.

the pictures are gorgous

Last edited by boswd; 12-13-2010 at 07:09 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I just bought the Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" a couple of days ago. I didn't realize there is an illustrated special edition. I guess I missed it.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebo View Post
I just bought the Dan Brown's "Lost Symbol" a couple of days ago. I didn't realize there is an illustrated special edition. I guess I missed it.
me too, it must have just came out. I bought it on Wednesday I think, under deals and steals, the illustrated wasn't there but it is now.

Oh well, The sample gives you 98 pages which is pretty cool, so you see a good chunk.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
carbphrek
carbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enoughcarbphrek will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, NC
This is the first book that I paid more than 1.99 for and it is worth it. I love the coloured illustrations & pictures.
carbphrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Got it. Thanks!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
boswd
Banned

I'm going to check out and see if Angels and Demons has an illustrated version. All those shots throughout the Vatican and the Bernini and Michael Angelo statues and paintings in full color illustration would be insane.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I'm going to check out and see if Angels and Demons has an illustrated version. All those shots throughout the Vatican and the Bernini and Michael Angelo statues and paintings in full color illustration would be insane.
Totally! That book rocked (didn't see the movie). In fact, I've had it recorded for a few months and still haven't watched it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #8
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Totally! That book rocked (didn't see the movie). In fact, I've had it recorded for a few months and still haven't watched it.
No full illustrated version yet, boo that would have been awesome.

the book did rock , the movie is so so but it's worth it just for the sights around the Vatican and Rome though.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thanks for the heads up! I've already read The Da Vince Code, Angels and Demons, and The Lost Symbol, and seen the two movies. But at that low price I think I'll get the illustrated version of The Lost Symbol. I'm kind of curious what B&N books look like anyway as I've never bought one. (I've only had my NC for a few days and it is my first Nook!) I always buy from Amazon or Sony and strip the DRM so I can read them on any reader. (I never share them though as that would be wrong.)
Old 12-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
...(I never share them though as that would be wrong.)
You're among friends. We know you wouldn't do that.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
This books sounds pretty cool. I've never read a Dan Brown or seen The DaVinci Code or anything. Will I be missing anything if I read The Lost Symbol without being familiar with anything else?
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
This books sounds pretty cool. I've never read a Dan Brown or seen The DaVinci Code or anything. Will I be missing anything if I read The Lost Symbol without being familiar with anything else?
Not at all. The same main character is in each book and a couple other earlier ones I think, but the storylines are completely different. There are a handful of cases where the main character remembers a character or an event from an earlier book, but nothing that would be confusing. The main character is an art historian and scholar/professor.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Thanks, I'll have to pick this up then. I've been meaning to broaden my horizons a bit and read stuff that I normally wouldn't.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
Whatever you do, recognize that Dan Brown's researching of actual history is pretty lousy. The DaVinci Code is a perfect example. One example? Monks in Opus Dei? Really Dan? Did you even bother to research Opus Dei? If you did you'd see... no monks are members of Opus Dei. And ignore the blurb at the beginning that claims while fiction, he lists things are supposedly "true" as less than a half hour of research will show that much of what he purports to be true is simply put, not true at all.

I think he's a hack and a lousy writer but hey, most people will simply believe stuff because Dan Brown said so; it sells so whatever. Me personally, I'd never pay a penny for anything by him.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #15
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Whatever you do, recognize that Dan Brown's researching of actual history is pretty lousy. The DaVinci Code is a perfect example. One example? Monks in Opus Dei? Really Dan? Did you even bother to research Opus Dei? If you did you'd see... no monks are members of Opus Dei. And ignore the blurb at the beginning that claims while fiction, he lists things are supposedly "true" as less than a half hour of research will show that much of what he purports to be true is simply put, not true at all.

I think he's a hack and a lousy writer but hey, most people will simply believe stuff because Dan Brown said so; it sells so whatever. Me personally, I'd never pay a penny for anything by him.
I enjoy his style of writing. It is a novel; people should understand that.