Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #1
ksve
ksve began at the beginning.

Color E-ink

I just found this press release by e-ink (the company that makes the display for the Sony Reader). Apparently they have a Color E-ink display that is ready for mass production.

http://www.eink.com/press/releases/pr86.html
ksve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
It's a start, but at only 83ppi it's not going to be as great as a b&w screen. I'm still very impressed though.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksve
I just found this press release by e-ink (the company that makes the display for the Sony Reader). Apparently they have a Color E-ink display that is ready for mass production.

http://www.eink.com/press/releases/pr86.html
But notice the date of the press release. Looks like they are a bit "behind schedule".
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I wonder if they make the displays for fujitu?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=fujitsu
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I thought that was a different tech ... it looks pretty different, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I am quite interested, when they will show us, what improvments were made on the color e-ink in the last year. Mybe we are going to see a color iLiad in 2007
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote