Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Pandigital, going, going, going, gone?

It would appear that Pandigital is not doing well in the market. This is the text from an email I received today . . .

"You are receiving this email as you have recently been shipped a warranty replacement for a Pandigital product.

Please be advised that Pandigital, Inc (the 'Company'), executed a General Assignment for the benefit of its creditors in favor of Credit Management Association on July 13, 2012 (the 'General Assignment'). A general assignment is a common law means of concluding the affairs of an insolvent debtor as an alternative to the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process. Pandigital is currently in the process of liquidation by the Assignee.

Due to this liquidation process any further requests for warranty replacements cannot be honored. Please note if you have further claims against Pandigital, Inc, you will need to file a claim with:

Credit Management Association
Adjustment Bureau
Attn: Daphne Masin
40 East Verdugo Ave., Burbank, CA 91502-1931
PO Box 7740 Burbank, CA 91510-7740

Thank You."
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
According to the Digital Reader Blog they've been in bankruptcy for a while and are now in full liquidation. (like Hostess)
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...goes-belly-up/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
According to the Digital Reader Blog they've been in bankruptcy for a while and are now in full liquidation. (like Hostess)
I'm going to miss the occasional Twinkie and Ding-Dong!
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
No love lost here. Many years ago my very first electronic book reader was a pandigital novel and I really could not read anything there the device was to terrible for me to use anything. From there I went to Aluratek which was not much of an improvement then on to amazon, and the rest is history.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
No love lost here. Many years ago my very first electronic book reader was a pandigital novel and I really could not read anything there the device was to terrible for me to use anything. From there I went to Aluratek which was not much of an improvement then on to amazon, and the rest is history.
Agreed. They won't be missed.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
It's like that Chinese War Thinker said.

If you sit on the river bank long enough, your enemy's body will float by.

Of course the trick is not to fall in the river yourself!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTRN View Post
I'm going to miss the occasional Twinkie and Ding-Dong!
You can always import them from Canada.
Or Mexico if the Bimbo group buys the Hostess assets.

Don't think anybody will be buying the Pandigital name but it's not impossible it might be ressurected in a new line of "crap-pads".
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #8
raynedrop
raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raynedrop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD (7in) & Polaroid 7 tablet
I love my pandigital and got two more for my daughter and granddaughter as they enjoyed mine so much. I have never had a problem with it and find it was easier on my pocketbook lol than a kindle or nook.
raynedrop is offline   Reply With Quote