Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Wish Amazon would post the KFire User Guide

I wish Amazon would post the KFire User Guide so we could start reading up on the features and things we need to know to get going once it arrives. I hate the idea of just installing it on the device. It is uber difficult to read the manual and follow its instructions when it is on the device. We need a PDF version.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200711000

Getting Started:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200784900
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
That is the User Guide for the K4 NT, not the KFire. I'm not sure why Amazon posted it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Still need them to post the User Guide for the Fire rather than that terrible 21 page guide for the K4 NT.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Still need them to post the User Guide for the Fire rather than that terrible 21 page guide for the K4 NT.
I'm like you and really hoping that they'll post a PDF of the User Guide today so I can read it in advance (no joy so far); but, I did just notice that within the Help section they've included an area about "Using Your Kindle Fire".

It's here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200729270

Cheers, xari.

xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thanks everyone! I guess Amazon wanted to keep this under wraps until release to prevent the competition from seeing what the KFire does and how it does it. They do seem to be updating their website today for the KFire.
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
You can find the kindle fire Users Guide under Kindle Resources:

Bottom of Page.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
You can find the kindle fire Users Guide under Kindle Resources:

Bottom of Page.
Mmm, in glorious PDF format.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Good, they finally put the Fire UG there. Earlier it was the K4 NT UG. I think they duplicated the K4 NT support page and are slowly changing the links to support the Fire.

Not the best manual though. They had much better manuals for the K3.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hmmm, I see some magazines are actually apps. So they won't appear in the Newsstand section. You have to access them from the Apps section or "pin" it to your favorites. I was looking forward to an actual magazine cover showing in the carousel or in the Newsstand section. Kind of lame to have an app icon for some of the magazines. I did notice this during the demonstration at the press event. There was a Wired magazine app icon in the carousel, not a magazine cover.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Here is the link directly to the Kindle Fire's User Guide:

http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindl...sers_Guide.pdf

I'm glad that's finally available. I like to read the user guide on my PC while I implement it on my new toy. It would be hard to read it on the Fire while learning on the Fire.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-14-2011 at 03:36 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote