Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Entourage Store is Empty

I just accessed the Entourage eDge Store using my Pocket Edge and almost EVERYTHING is gone, e-Books, e-Textbooks, Music, Apps, ALL GONE. Search for a book or and App and it comes up blank. Support Information is still available and I can access My Account but EVERYTHING else is gone.

obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
enTourage is apparently winding up operations due to lack of funds/sales. Looks like they may be able to keep the forums running on a server as that doesn't cost much money.

If you want to be optimistic, you can hope that instead they're preparing a new site/brand for relaunch on Monday.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I just accessed the Entourage eDge Store using my Pocket Edge and almost EVERYTHING is gone, e-Books, e-Textbooks, Music, Apps, ALL GONE. Search for a book or and App and it comes up blank. Support Information is still available and I can access My Account but EVERYTHING else is gone.

Strange - I was just able to add a book to my shopping cart (I didn't complete the purchase), and clicking the book brings up the Description, Additional Information, etc.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is strange. I just checked it again, 8:15 PM EST and the store is EMPTY using the Store App on my Pocket Edge. I can still access Support and My Account.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
That is strange. I just checked it again, 8:15 PM EST and the store is EMPTY using the Store App on my Pocket Edge. I can still access Support and My Account.
I'm accessing it on my PC (don't have the eDGe or Pocket eDGe with me right now) - I wonder if that makes any difference?
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
I'm accessing it on my PC (don't have the eDGe or Pocket eDGe with me right now) - I wonder if that makes any difference?
I just tried to access it using my PC and I get the same message that I have been pretty much getting the past few days:

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
enTourage is apparently winding up operations due to lack of funds/sales. Looks like they may be able to keep the forums running on a server as that doesn't cost much money.

If you want to be optimistic, you can hope that instead they're preparing a new site/brand for relaunch on Monday.
I am optimistic and maybe the cake is not a lie.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
Em_Scape
Em_Scape began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
I was just considering getting one of these since I've had a price watch on them hoping for it to get down to the $200 range. Unfortunately, the reason they're so cheap now is that they're going away completely. Now that the market is defunct, do you still think it's worth getting one? My main impetus was having an e-ink reader as well as a tablet, but if the tablet isn't going to have apps, it's sort of useless, right?
Em_Scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
It depends what you want, Em_Scape.
The tablet has plenty of apps, even if the enTourage store closes you can get them from the Amazon app store and several others. If you want guaranteed support, don't buy. If you want a dualbook that works well, seems sturdy, and has a very nice (IMHO) e-ink reader on one side and a solid (though not necessarily spectacular) Android tablet on the other -- well, I don't think you'll find that combo anywhere else.

Even if the company fails tomorrow (and we don't know that it will, this could be a problem with some of their servers) I am glad I bought my Pocket eDGe in February. I like it so much I have paid for a full-sized eDGe from an ebay seller. Now if it would only arrive!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_Scape View Post
I was just considering getting one of these since I've had a price watch on them hoping for it to get down to the $200 range. Unfortunately, the reason they're so cheap now is that they're going away completely. Now that the market is defunct, do you still think it's worth getting one? My main impetus was having an e-ink reader as well as a tablet, but if the tablet isn't going to have apps, it's sort of useless, right?

It's definitely worth $200 plus you can buy a Square Trade Warranty for around $40 which will cover the device for 3 years including breakage. The warranty can be purchased directly from Square Trade, from Amazon, from buy.com etc. As far as Apps goes, Filark is right, there are tons of apps available and the e-Ink reader is on par with the Kindle, Nook, Sony etc.

I answered another thread here and it will provide some more details about Apps and accessories:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131217
Old 04-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #11
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
If you want a dualbook that works well, seems sturdy, and has a very nice (IMHO) e-ink reader on one side and a solid (though not necessarily spectacular) Android tablet on the other -- well, I don't think you'll find that combo anywhere else.
More like: If you want a dualbook get an Edge. There aren't really any other options.
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:

I might be having a problem with the Store App on my Pocket Edge. Whenever I accessed the store before I would get 6 pop-up icons and I'm not getting those now, it just goes straight to the Entourage website.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #13
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
It's not you, Obsessed. Either enTourage is having server problems, changing the store, or dropping that service. As far as I'm concerned if they keep the Support section (which so far they are), they can slim down by forcing us to buy books and apps elsewhere. I already do, anyway. Kinda miss the accessory store, though. :|
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
As of this morning, the store is acting normal for me. The forum as well.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Same here. I suspect they downsized and/or relocated their servers.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote