Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #1
ebooknut
ebooknut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Table stand for kindle

Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum, I got my Kindle3 just recently, and I am looking for a simple tabletop Kindle stand, so that I can read hands free.
I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere on the forum, I have had a brief look.
I Have found a few on the Internet, there is one particularly simple one which takes my fancy on ebay, I wonder if anybody has had any experience of it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-acrylic-stand-E-Book-readers-/290522625801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a47f 7709[/URL]

Any advise appreciated..
ebooknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
bookmonster
bookmonster doesn't litterbookmonster doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Leaf 2
No experience with the one you listed, but I own this one & LOVE it (be sure to check out the video review).

http://www.amazon.com/Menotek-Positi...pr_product_top

Another option is a case with a built in stand like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
I really prefer this option because it's just so convenient. Hope that helps!
bookmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi and welcome to mobileread

For my Kindle 2 I used to have a Tuff Luv flip cover which had a stand built in which was awesome - I used to prop the Kindle up by my PC so I could read and blog etc.

As I now use the lighted cover (not swapping that!) I use a simple plastic book stand which just happens to fit well when I need to prop the Kindle up - normally while in the Kitchen.

Anyway there are a few options for you.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooknut View Post
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum, I got my Kindle3 just recently, and I am looking for a simple tabletop Kindle stand, so that I can read hands free.
I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere on the forum, I have had a brief look.
I Have found a few on the Internet, there is one particularly simple one which takes my fancy on ebay, I wonder if anybody has had any experience of it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-acrylic-stand-E-Book-readers-/290522625801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43a47f 7709[/URL]

Any advise appreciated..
What do you think about this one? Cost almost next to nothing.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...81&postcount=1
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #5
ebooknut

Thanks for the replys so far people, very helpful.
Nothing like a bit of improvisation desertblues, nice one.
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
DaveSp
Enthusiast
DaveSp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire
I got this one and really like it:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...-flexstand.psp

Dave
DaveSp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
You can probably hit a cooking store and find something to hold up a cook book like the items pictured. Similarly, a framing shop or craft store will have display brackets that will be similar. I like that six "gooseneck" thingie but pricey.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I use a $4 wire picture easel from the local craft store. Handy at lunch.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
How about one of these- available in many sizes and dirt cheap:
http://www.amazon.com/3-Wooden-plate.../dp/B0002RWYG4
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Kaptn
Kaptn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I would think making a low key cardboard stand would be pretty easy as well. Maybe just upscale something like this iphone stand?
http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-...-IPhone-Stand/
Kaptn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
davtay
The Continental
davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davtay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I bought this one. It is very sturdy, and folds up so you can carry it with you.

http://bookgem.com/

David.
davtay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:52 AM   #12
ebooknut

Cool. Thanks for all of your helpful replies.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Hi and welcome to mobileread

For my Kindle 2 I used to have a Tuff Luv flip cover which had a stand built in which was awesome - I used to prop the Kindle up by my PC so I could read and blog etc.
I also use Tuff Luv cover, three positions (standing upright). It's absolutely excellent, perfect when eating and then tilt it up when you lean back to drink your coffee

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
I got this one and really like it:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/k...-flexstand.psp

Dave
I'll second this. great stand.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle View Post
I'll second this. great stand.
re: the medge thingie:

Can you change the angle or does it become unstable if too upright or too slanted? M-edge ever have coupons? (G)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote