Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Anyone Putting Charms on their Nook Color?

B&N would like you to spend $10 on one of these. Any takers?

Charms
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
I'm Asian. There's tons of charms available, definately in Asia (where the NC admittingly is not sold), but even in some North American locations - Japanese specialty stores, in Chinatown, wherever. I'm sure you can get a cleaner to wipe off fingerprints. Or if you're into luxury goods, there's some there as well.

That said, I'd pay $10 for a high-quality leather strap in value terms. But straps to me are useful as anti-dropping devices, and B&N already as a bunch of nice cases, maybe that's already protection without the need for a clumsy hand-strap.

Style and fashion are quite important to me with regards to the NC - I really appreciate the industrial design along with its functionality.

Last edited by ypocaramel; 11-25-2010 at 08:08 AM.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #3
NOOKGuy
NOOKGuy began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK WIFI, NOOKColor
No, no interest whatsoever. Just makes it easier to catch your NOOKColor on something
NOOKGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
No interest. I have a nice case and that is good enough.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
NO

sent from my Nookcolor

Last edited by boswd; 11-25-2010 at 09:40 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
NickBuzz
NickBuzz doesn't litterNickBuzz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

What would you choose between a charm and a book?
NickBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I love them. I'd love beaded ones even more. No, it's not a necessity, but I think it's a good marketing idea for prospective female customers.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I'll definitely dangle a charm on the loop. I don't like the strap but l'll buy something that is cute.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
My idea of a charm doesn't include a strap. Curiosity was piqued though.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Unless they make a killer manly zombie charm or something, I'm on no.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote