Notices

Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
jlinden
Connoisseur
jlinden began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DX, Sony TS-1, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox M96
DX justification

Hi,

I'm about ready to purchase an International Kindle DX but have cold feet about the mobi reader on the device. I have formatted all my prc's and mobi's for ragged right margin i.e. no justification (I hate justification!). They show up nicely on my Cybook Gen3. Now some of the devices on the market just don't follow the internal formatting and always show a filled out right margin.
This was the case with the Onyx Boox I had a little while (actually sent it back partly for this reason).
How is this with the Kindle DX? Does it follow the internal file format?

Thanks,

Jan
jlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
I am pretty confident that the DX IGNORES the margin an forces right justification.

Theres a post about turning it back on to allow ragged right: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=kindle+margin
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
jlinden
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot Rootman !

Jan
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I am pretty confident that the DX IGNORES the margin an forces right justification.
Not sure that's entirely correct. I know of at least one book I bought from Amazon ('Palace Council' by Stephen L. Carter) that was not justified.
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Not sure that's entirely correct. I know of at least one book I bought from Amazon ('Palace Council' by Stephen L. Carter) that was not justified.
Would it happen to be a Topaz encrypted / formatted book?
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
Would it happen to be a Topaz encrypted / formatted book?
No, it's AZW actually. I guess I could DeDRM it and then use Calibre to fix the justification but not sure how technically challenging that is. The Calibre part that is.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
jlinden
Connoisseur

You don't have to fix the justification... It is perfect !

I learned that the Kindle DX obeys the internal justification of the book.
Exactly what I want. I will have one !!!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
Scott Nielsen
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinden View Post
You don't have to fix the justification... It is perfect !

I learned that the Kindle DX obeys the internal justification of the book.
Exactly what I want. I will have one !!!
Heh-heh. Each to his own but good on ya.