Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Any Nooks on the wing?

Am I missing something?

they told me two days ago it was shipping today.

Not that I really care, but it's odd.

Last edited by Mac Jones; 12-07-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Well as soon as an item is in "the system" which can simply be notifying UPS these items have been scanned and are ready for pickup, the software notifies you "your item has shipped". If you look at the UPS tracking info you'll see something like "billing information received". When you see a "departure scan" that's when shipping has really started.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
qpid360
e-reading :)
qpid360 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition, Barnes & Noble nook
Finally got the shipment notice! Yay!
qpid360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
frossie
Geek Herder
frossie is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
I got my UPS tracking number on Monday, showing delivery on Wednesday on Next Day Air (I am in Hawaii so Next Day is not always). I am really happy about the free upgrade to Next Day that B&N gave, as I had ordered with free shipping.
frossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:24 AM   #5
gigercounter
Banned
gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gigercounter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Jones View Post
Am I missing something?

they told me two days ago it was shipping today.

Not that I really care, but it's odd.
removed

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-08-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: personal insult removed, poster has been warned
gigercounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 AM   #6
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigercounter View Post
removed

WTF?

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-08-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigercounter View Post
removed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Jones View Post
WTF?
you haven't had the pleasure yet? interesting troll this one. it was quiet for so long I had hoped it was banned

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-08-2009 at 07:18 AM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #8
Copynik
Copynik began at the beginning.

Got my shipping email! Says I can track it in one business day so I don't know if I can track it yet (haven't tried) or whether it will truly arrive tomorrow as promised. Can't wait!
Copynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
qpid360
e-reading :)
qpid360 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition, Barnes & Noble nook
Mine's on transit to my apartment on time today! Can't wait to get home from school an play with it.
qpid360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
Copynik
Copynik began at the beginning.

Just checked the tracking and was bummed to see they are shipping it via USPS. USPS always refuses to leave my packages without a signature. When I ordered the nook in the store, I am fairly sure I put down that they should leave it without a siggy but this has never worked in the past with USPS. I will leave a note for the mailman with my signature on it for tomorrow in hopes that he still leaves the package. Retrieving a package after they leave one of their notorious sticky notes has never been smooth in my town. If, despite leaving a note he doesn't leave the package he's not getting his yearly holiday gift. Bah humbug.
Copynik is offline   Reply With Quote