Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
mcsmithnyc
mcsmithnyc began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Reading Sony books on another device

Hi everyone - quick question...I decided to sell my Sony PRS-505 and get a new B&N nook - BUT I currently have a purchased book from sony that I'm reading on the sony and don't think I can finish it before I have to send it to the guy who won the auction on eBay - the book is also on my sony library software on my computer, but that would be a pain to read on the computer screen...is there anyway to transfer this purchase or break the DRM so I can put it on my soon-to-ship nook?

Thanks!
Mark.
mcsmithnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Nope--sorry. As of right now, the DRM of Sony's LRX files has not been circumvented. Sony has said that they are going to be converting everything to ePub, and at that time it sounds like you'll be able to download your book in ePub format. But that might not happen for a while. (I think I heard December).

Also, the nooks aren't due to ship until 11/30--if you're willing to wait over a month to finish your book, you might be able to re-download the ePub version from Sony, strip the DRM and then load it on your newly arrived nook.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sony's ebooks (lrx format) can't be liberated yet.

lrf format (DRM free) can be format shifted.

If you sell your 505 you need to deauthorize it from your computer before sending it, so that the new owner can authorize and use it on his computer.

Once you do this, I'm not sure if the book stays on the Sony until it disappears when the new owner authorizes the Sony. Also, I believe that the book will stay in your Sony eLibrary and the only way to finish the story is to read it on the computer.

I haven't done this before, so if I am incorrect, hopefully a more experienced member will jump in and correct my post.

Welcome to MR and I hope you enjoy your Nook.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote