Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
roquet
Enthusiast
roquet began at the beginning.

Device: iriver X20, Bookeen Cybook
Buttons don't respond well

I've just got the Cybook, ordered from WHSmith's online site. The square button on the bottom right is so hard to use I can't get around the menu. I assume it's supposed to go up, down, left and right but pushing it in library it almost only ever goes to the first item in the list. In the first item I press it down to move through the pages but it almost always just brings up the PDF menu and again I can't move down through the menu and pressing it again just selects the first item.

Is there a technique to using this button or have I got a dud? It's very frustrating as occasionally I can move through the menu a bit but never consistently. So basically I can't use the cybook. Anyone else had this problem? Any firmware update to fix it?

Thanks for any help.
roquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Maybe you are using it correctly, but let's make sure :
This button is a "5-way" button.
The central square button is a "click", and the exterior ring is used to input the direction.

Which means that you have to press the bottom part of the exterior ring to go down to the menu item you want, and then press the central button to activate it.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
It's not like a Thinkpad...

The button is formed in 2 parts, the centered one to validate the selected item, and the part around it, with the like-metal rim, is the directional one. Click on the metal part, left, top, right or bottom to go in these directions.

Edit : Grilled !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

This photo shows the button well :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/deb-ric...7603002185067/

You have to push the silver ring to go up, down, left or right.

EDIT : mouahahahah
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
roquet
Enthusiast
roquet began at the beginning.

Device: iriver X20, Bookeen Cybook
Thanks guys. I feel really thick... Thought the silver ring was just to look pretty It works fine now. What a relief!

(Still think they could have made it a bit more obvious for retards)
roquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by roquet View Post
Thanks guys. I feel really thick... Thought the silver ring was just to look pretty It works fine now. What a relief!

(Still think they could have made it a bit more obvious for retards)
You're welcome, roquet.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I know the user's guide is a little... poor, but it does show a picture of the 5 ways button, though...
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote