Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
Converting Word to clean HTML nightmare

I'm having problems converting a word doc to clean html so I can edit in Sigil. When checking the document I'm getting tons of errors and tried a few ways to do this which produced correcting some but adding others. Rather than waste an entire day going back and forth I thought I would ask the gods of EPub here.

here is what I'm doing:

have a word .doc already styled with images and text.

opened in my word ( on my Mac and re saved the .doc to .docx

opened docx and re saved as a web page
**selected save only display information

opened the new htm doc with Sigil.

Everything copied over all styles and images

Checked with Flight crew and received tons of errors mostly attribute 'name' and 'clear' not declared.

how do I clean this up?

any help appreciated

thx
H I
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
holdit
Connoisseur
holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holdit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, IPad
guys, soo sorry as I posted this question back in October and received this reply and did not see this until now as I did not have the subscription marked to follow.

I'm at the "ready to give up" point on answering this; he posted the near-identical question in the Sigil forum again, this time, adding "so I can make an ePUB in Sigil" to it, and still hasn't told us whether he knows any HTML or CSS at all. Ducky moved it again, this time to the ePUB forum, instead of the Workshop forum. So, now, the question's in two places, and we still don't know:

Holdit: if you want answers, can you please tell us how much HTML and CSS experience you have?

Hitch

I have some beginner skills in css and understand the basics ams with HTML

I hope this helps so I can get this done.

thx

Hi
holdit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Change all the name to id, name is not allowed in epub.

As for clear, you might look at this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62068
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
tidyhtml
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Look at my sig...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #6
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
holdit, Calibre does a pretty good job at converting word documents to ePub.

Very nice add-in for word Toxaris! thanks for that
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote