Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #31
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
anakod

Problem on Paperwhite:
If screen to scroll up/down gesture (swipe), folder/file under a finger becomes active.
Therefore scrolling of screen very slow...

Last edited by kaznelson; 02-21-2013 at 01:29 AM.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #32
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
1st OBVIOUS problem? the EXIT button is hidden!!! LOL hehehee.

will work on that.
As a temporary solution on KT use attached res folder with shrunk images and adjusted glade file.

There is also a small bug when you try to preview pipe, or socket – explorer hangs or crashes. And you can't tell special file from regular one, so you may open it by mistake. It would be nice if these kinds of special files were distinguished by different icon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip res.zip (129.9 KB, 306 views)
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #33
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
1st OBVIOUS problem? the EXIT button is hidden
Yes, program developed for large screen.
Solutions:
1) Stupid&simple: create new Glade layout for 600 width screen
2) Good way: dynamic resize buttons and button images for diffirent resolutions (and, may be, cache new images)

Can you do this while porting? Now used 64px buttons, and 54px images.

Quote:
If screen to scroll up/down gesture (swipe), folder/file under a finger becomes active.
Known bug. You can use scrollbars for fast scrolling. How can I handle gestures in Glade? I don't know
anakod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #34
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You post reply, while I writing

Quote:
It would be nice if these kinds of special files were distinguished by different icon.
How determine the file type?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 AM   #35
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
Known bug. You can use scrollbars for fast scrolling.
On Paperwhite very narrow scrollbars. Do not aim (или хрен в неё попадёшь)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_02_21T12_43_21+0400.png
Views:	368
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	101640  
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #36
anakod
Enthusiast

As far as I know, GTK visualization parameters (including the width of scrolbars) can be changed in the configuration file. Can anyone help on this?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #37
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How determine the file type?
You may try stat.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #38
anakod
Enthusiast

baf, I have a question. How to fix the input in the national language? Now, when you rename a file, you can only use the Latin alphabet.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:01 AM   #39
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Yes, program developed for large screen.
Solutions:
1) Stupid&simple: create new Glade layout for 600 width screen
2) Good way: dynamic resize buttons and button images for diffirent resolutions (and, may be, cache new images)

Can you do this while porting? Now used 64px buttons, and 54px images.

Known bug. You can use scrollbars for fast scrolling. How can I handle gestures in Glade? I don't know
Yeah, as you say it is entirely possible dynamically resize the content which will make more sense if we are to support DX's.

Will bang my head against that at some point soon.

Going to have a play with ripping out the kterm support and/or recompiling kterm for all devices first....

lot's of little details to be tidied away,

Just so you know: I wasn't "complaining", merely "reporting".
It was 2am? or something? and it had been a very tough day.

Apologies if I sounded inappropriate in any way.
Cheers. See if today brings me some time.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #40
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
You may try stat.
Touch:

Spoiler:
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# stat --help
BusyBox v1.17.1 (2012-12-12 19:37:25 PST) multi-call binary.

Usage: stat [OPTIONS] FILE...

Display file (default) or filesystem status

Options:
-c fmt Use the specified format
-f Display filesystem status
-L Follow links
-t Display info in terse form

Valid format sequences for files:
%a Access rights in octal
%A Access rights in human readable form
%b Number of blocks allocated (see %B)
%B The size in bytes of each block reported by %b
%d Device number in decimal
%D Device number in hex
%f Raw mode in hex
%F File type
%g Group ID of owner
%G Group name of owner
%h Number of hard links
%i Inode number
%n File name
%N File name, with -> TARGET if symlink
%o I/O block size
%s Total size, in bytes
%t Major device type in hex
%T Minor device type in hex
%u User ID of owner
%U User name of owner
%x Time of last access
%X Time of last access as seconds since Epoch
%y Time of last modification
%Y Time of last modification as seconds since Epoch
%z Time of last change
%Z Time of last change as seconds since Epoch

Valid format sequences for file systems:
%a Free blocks available to non-superuser
%b Total data blocks in file system
%c Total file nodes in file system
%d Free file nodes in file system
%f Free blocks in file system
%i File System ID in hex
%l Maximum length of filenames
%n File name
%s Block size (for faster transfer)
%S Fundamental block size (for block counts)
%t Type in hex
%T Type in human readable form

Kindle 3:

Spoiler:
Quote:
[root@kindle root]# stat --help
BusyBox v1.7.2 (2012-09-01 14:15:22 PDT) multi-call binary

Usage: stat [OPTION] FILE...

Display file (default) or filesystem status

Options:
-c fmt Use the specified format
-f Display filesystem status
-L,-l Dereference links
-t Display info in terse form

Valid format sequences for files:
%a Access rights in octal
%A Access rights in human readable form
%b Number of blocks allocated (see %B)
%B The size in bytes of each block reported by %b
%d Device number in decimal
%D Device number in hex
%f Raw mode in hex
%F File type
%g Group ID of owner
%G Group name of owner
%h Number of hard links
%i Inode number
%n File name
%N Quoted file name with dereference if symlink
%o I/O block size
%s Total size, in bytes
%t Major device type in hex
%T Minor device type in hex
%u User ID of owner
%U User name of owner
%x Time of last access
%X Time of last access as seconds since Epoch
%y Time of last modification
%Y Time of last modification as seconds since Epoch
%z Time of last change
%Z Time of last change as seconds since Epoch

Valid format sequences for file systems:
%a Free blocks available to non-superuser
%b Total data blocks in file system
%c Total file nodes in file system
%d Free file nodes in file system
%f Free blocks in file system
%i File System ID in hex
%l Maximum length of filenames
%n File name
%s Block size (for faster transfer)
%S Fundamental block size (for block counts)
%t Type in hex
%T Type in human readable form

So... perhaps use the feature set from the OLDEST BusyBox if you dont mind...

(I will dig up a DX in a bit, have to dash out, back in 30 mins)

Last edited by twobob; 02-21-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #41
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
baf, I have a question. How to fix the input in the national language? Now, when you rename a file, you can only use the Latin alphabet.
I noticed that only ascii range works, but I don't know why. In other gtk apps it works fine. If I find out anything I will let you know.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #42
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So... perhaps use the feature set from the OLDEST BusyBox if you dont mind...
I meant this stat and you write about another one.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #43
anakod
Enthusiast

twobob, I think terminal and editor path can be extracted to config file from code. When user can change it.

Last edited by anakod; 02-21-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #44
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I meant this stat and you write about another one.
Oh... it was a "wee bit early in the morning for me" here

my bad.

I'll hold off then until something comes of that
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #45
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Hello,

I tried this "as is" on my Kindle 3 3G (changed only the use of KUAL to kite) and it happens nothing. Am I over-optimistic?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote